AustinLee5472

Essential Ph-1

Posted · Original PosterOP
24 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's a good phone as long as you don't depend on or want a great camera.

Especially if it's still the $400 bundled with their camera add on.

I know you can still find that bundle on eBay. How bad exactly is the camera and do you personally own one?

21 minutes ago, AustinLee5472 said:

I know you can still find that bundle on eBay. How bad exactly is the camera and do you personally own one?

For the same price?

I've played around with it a bit, but I've also watched nearly every review as it was a phone I was very, very interested in. The camera is just a total let down. At $400, it's not as bad of an issue, and they're good at releasing updates. But if the camera is at all a primary focus of what you do, look elsewhere.

36 minutes ago, dizmo said:

For the same price?

I've played around with it a bit, but I've also watched nearly every review as it was a phone I was very, very interested in. The camera is just a total let down. At $400, it's not as bad of an issue, and they're good at releasing updates. But if the camera is at all a primary focus of what you do, look elsewhere.

I think it may be at $450 now but regardless that's a pretty good price for the phone. I have also watched a ton of reviews and more recent ones are saying that the software updates have improved the camera functionality a significant amount. However, I have seen many people report that they have had problems with response time on the screen and it misclick on some devices fairly often. However, it doesn't seem to be a rampant issue so maybe some people just got unlucky

40 minutes ago, dizmo said:

For the same price?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Essential-Phone-PH-1-128GB-Pure-White-Unlocked-Smartphone-with-360-Camera-Bundle/322920881164?epid=2167871036&hash=item4b2f959c0c:g:Z0AAAOSw3ZtaJMzi

If you don't mind bidding then there you go

14 minutes ago, AustinLee5472 said:

I wouldn't buy a phone this close to 2018 releases. Especially from eBay if some units are defective, as I can't return it.