Powering oven in kitchen - power outage and pc.

jimi23

Hello. I have an question to you dear forum users. I am worried about my expensive pc. Listen.
I am angry a little.

Few days ago my mother turned on oven in kitchen, and bulb inside oven melted. Fuse of course blown and i got power outage.
When we bought new fuse, power back and i booted up pc. All was fine 144hz, Windows booted first time with 144hz.

But after 30 minutes i shutdown pc by clicking shutdown in windows and reboot it again. Windows 10 booted second time with lower refresh than 144hz. To revert 144hz i just turned off monitor and turned on again. Only this,thats all. Since this its fine.

When i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still.

So it was related to that outage because fuse blown or just random glitch ?

Is this because fuse blowed or that doesnt matter ?

But like i said i tried to reproduce this by cutting power from power cord and i am not able reprodue. So it was related to that outage when fuse was blown or just coincidence and fuse doesnt matter?

My pc:
6700K stock
*16GB DDR4
*Asus Z170-P
*Corsair 750 RM
*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition
*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 1080 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.
*I tested games etc etc and no crashes or artifacts.

No have UPS. Only power cord "APC".

It was a glitch caused by the power outage, probably, but if you are purposely cutting the power to try to reproduce the issue you are going to cause more problems.  Don't stress over it.  If it boots into windows and gives you the 144hz you need you are good to go.

12 minutes ago, jimi23 said:

Hello. I have an question to you dear forum users. I am worried about my expensive pc. Listen.

Computers do weird things. If it was a one-time glitch, stop worrying about it. If you're really worried, DDU the old GPU drivers away and reinstall them.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

So it was not related because fuse was blown?

Because i cutted pc 4-5 times by power cord and issue not happened anymore. So that was coincidence or related to blowed fuse?

6 minutes ago, jimi23 said:

Because i cutted pc 4-5 times by power cord and issue not happened anymore. So that was coincidence or related to blowed fuse?

Stop doing that, you're only going to risk damage to your pc that you're claiming to be so concerned about.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Ok thank you for replies. Yes i already stopped cutting power. :)
Just ask to be sure that was related to blowed fuse or not .