How to get small LCD screen connected to Raspberry Pi

The Raspberry Pi has a dedicated screen port, I believe that's all you need. Are there any instructions that came with the screen?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The Raspberry Pi has a dedicated screen port, I believe that's all you need. Are there any instructions that came with the screen?

The raspberry pi does have a screen port but its fits a different sized lcd screen cable. For some reason my cable isn't the same size as the screen port, I can try putting it in. But do you know if it will work the same even if the screen port fits larger lcd ribbon cable?

2 minutes ago, Markercartoons said:

The raspberry pi does have a screen port but its fits a different sized lcd screen cable. For some reason my cable isn't the same size as the screen port, I can try putting it in. But do you know if it will work the same even if the screen port fits larger lcd ribbon cable?

No clue to be honest, I've never used a Raspberry Pi screen with mine, just an old monitor I had lying around.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The connector on the Raspberry Pi is DSI (Digital Serial Interface) : https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/the-eagerly-awaited-raspberry-pi-display/

As I explained, that LCD is most likely using a parallel interface 8bit per transfer + some command wires.(clock, enable, read/write, backlight contrast etc) so the connectors are not compatible.

You can write code to drive the screen using the GPIO but like i said, it would be slow.