Lap Desk? Alternatives?

Noyu

I just moved to a new condo and this the current state of my room:

image.png.ab5abb46514a3d4b03af75a18f7ca245.png

My 27" Monitor (and PC) is on the TV stand on the left and my "bed" is just a queen-size mattress on the floor.

I plan on playing games and using my PC from my bed.

Any suggestions on how I can position myself comfortably for long periods of use? for gaming?

I already have a wireless keyboard (ANNE Pro 60%) and am still saving up for a wireless mouse (probably a G603).

I don't have much of a budget so keep the expensive recommendations (e.g. Couchmaster) to a minimum.

So far I plan to prop-up a 1 of my pillows on my back just so I have some cushion and not just recline against the wall.

Other than that I'm currently out of ideas.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

At the moment I just use a pillow on top of a board I stole from a shelf. It does a good job, however I do need to sit just right to make it comfortable. For example if I sit upright my my wrist gets bent to much for the mouse, if I sit to low the board tilts up and the mouse slides down. I think if I got a lap desk it would solve that problem because I can put the board a little further away.
I am thinking something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Winsome-Wood-Alden-Drawer-Foldable/dp/B0046EC19Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1511928813&sr=8-5&keywords=lap+table

Next issue is your back is gong to get tired after awhile. You need some kind of a back rest, I just put my bed right up against the wall so I could lean on the wall. I am not sure how it will work out in your case as you might be too far away from the screen.

A lapdesk like this one can work but get a tenkeyless keyboard or better yet one of these guys and some velcro or something to hold it in place since keyboards really like to slide around if they are on a moving surface. other than that get a good, big mouse pad (i have the steelseries xl)

other option is steam controller or xbone controller for games that support them but that isnt every game so ymmv there.

probably also going to want to get some usb extensions, if you go over 6 feet i would recommend getting a powered hub. (I have this one.)

edit: what keyboard do you currently have? the corsair lapdog may also be an option if you already have a compatible keyboard.

I also have one of these for general web browsing, watching movies, ect. it works great for that but it is kind of terrible for gaming so you will probably want that to supplement other options, not as your main option.

1 hour ago, Thatdudeoverthere said:

edit: what keyboard do you currently have? the corsair lapdog may also be an option if you already have a compatible keyboard.

As mentioned in my OP, I already have the ANNE Pro which is a 60%-size MKB (smaller than TKL).

I will also be buying a Logteich G603 for my mouse.

This Corsair thing looks awesome and would be perfect for my needs, unfortunately i don't think it's available here in my country.

1 hour ago, Thatdudeoverthere said:

A lapdesk like this one can work but get a tenkeyless keyboard or better yet one of these guys and some velcro or something to hold it in place since keyboards really like to slide around if they are on a moving surface. other than that get a good, big mouse pad (i have the steelseries xl)

This was actually my first option. but unfortunately i can't seem to find one that's big enough to hold both MKB and mouse. For the mouse pad, I already have one.

2 hours ago, Thatdudeoverthere said:

probably also going to want to get some usb extensions, if you go over 6 feet i would recommend getting a powered hub. (I have this one.)

For the USB extensions, pass for me. I'm trying to create a mostly wireless experience as there are some curious kids running around in my room. This is for the safety of my PC the kids. Yes. The kids. ahaha

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |