The volume wheel on my k95 RGB Platinum is sounding like it has a plastic wrapping on it when I move it up.

CyberFern0

stupid question but have you made sure there is no wrapping around the wheel??

Main Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6GHz, Stock Cooler

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B350 F Gaming motherboard

RAM: 32GB(4x8GB) Team T-FORCE Night Hawk RGB 3000MHz DDR4

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1060 6GB

STORAGE: 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo, 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 240GB WD Green M.2 SATA SSD

CASE: Cougar Turret RGB

PSU: CoolerMaster GX550W CM Storm

Monitor: Samsung Oddessy G6 27" 1440p, Viewsonic VX2455 144Hz

Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse

Keyboard: ASUS Flare II Animate

Headphones: HyperX Cloud Alpha S Black

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast S

WIFI: ASUS PCE-AC55BT

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/johnno12/saved/gKgD23

Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell Inspiron 15-5000

CPU: i5-8250U Quadcore with hypertheading

GPU: AMD Radeon 540 4GB Hybrid Graphics

Storage: Micron 1100 SATA 256GB SSD

53 minutes ago, johnno124 said:

stupid question but have you made sure there is no wrapping around the wheel??

yes

• 3 weeks later...

My new Corsair keyboard also has the same problem. I took a closer look - it appears that there is one plastic sheet stuck underneath the volume wheel... Have you  found a solution for that issue? Thanks. 

On 11/21/2017 at 9:54 AM, CyberFern0 said:

yes

My new Corsair keyboard also has the same problem. I took a closer look - it appears that there is one plastic sheet stuck underneath the volume wheel... Have you  found a solution for that issue? Thanks. 

On 11/21/2017 at 8:53 AM, CyberFern0 said:

restating title

OK to report back, I fiddled around with it for a while, and solved the issue. You can use a paper tag to "pry" the plastic upwards so it is no longer caught by the wheel. Take a few tries but works like a charm once finished!

16 hours ago, linearkinetics said:

OK to report back, I fiddled around with it for a while, and solved the issue. You can use a paper tag to "pry" the plastic upwards so it is no longer caught by the wheel. Take a few tries but works like a charm once finished!

Wow thx

• 4 months later...

hiyas! I just unboxed my k95 and had the same problem. I decided to fix it myself: I opened it up rather easily by putting a tiny screwdriver in the crack on the RIGHT side of the volume knob (between the textured roller and the non moving gunmetal end cap) and forcing the roller slightly to the left which allowed me to raise and remove the bar (it looks like one of those rolling baking pins for cooking). The problem is immediately apparent - it's a plastic sticker that isn't pushed down against the backside of the recess. I used a plastic pen cap and rubbed it pretty good to get it to stick down. Replaced the roller by putting its left stem back into the left cap volume hole (carefully - if you break the stem you're out $200 USD.) and using my thumbnail to push the right end cap slightly to the right to open it a bit, pushed down on the roll bar to seat it. Probably voids your warranty; we'll see if it fixes it long-term but that was what I did.