Video playback is always delayed

IsmetGS

Hi,

Recently i'm having this issue where video is always delayed, whether i'm on chrome, edge, or windows media player. it first starts of in sync with the audio but then after a minute or two it's delayed and its proper annoying. 

Any way i can fix this? Thanks.

Just now, A3r0Sp1k3 said:

Do you happen to have Realtek HD Audio?

dayum yes i do sir

I've got exactly the same issue. Not sure exactly what the cause is, but I've temporarily solved it by using my bluetooth headphones thanks to this article. I always run the high performance power setting, so I'll have to try and find a more permanent solution.

4 minutes ago, A3r0Sp1k3 said:

I've got exactly the same issue. Not sure exactly what the cause is, but I've temporarily solved it by using my bluetooth headphones thanks to this article. I always run the high performance power setting, so I'll have to try and find a more permanent solution.

wow yeah ur right it works perfect on my bluetooth headphones but not speakers. thanks for the info, will get back to u if i find a permanent solution

26 minutes ago, IsmetUcur said:

Hi,

Recently i'm having this issue where video is always delayed, whether i'm on chrome, edge, or windows media player. it first starts of in sync with the audio but then after a minute or two it's delayed and its proper annoying. 

Any way i can fix this? Thanks.

I don't have the exact same issue but my audio volume would get screwed up from time to time and what I do is reinstall windows audio driver, if that makes any sense.

I go through the trouble shoot program and when it asks me if I hear anything and plays a sound, I click no until it prompts me to reinstall and use windows primary driver. 

Might not help you but it did fix my audio levels. Also, any sound enchantments and that crap.. that should be turned off.

Just now, Light-Yagami said:

I don't have the exact same issue but my audio volume would get screwed up from time to time and what I do is reinstall windows audio driver, if that makes any sense.

I go through the trouble shoot program and when it asks me if I hear anything and plays a sound, I click no until it prompts me to reinstall and use windows primary driver. 

Might not help you but it did fix my audio levels. Also, any sound enchantments and that crap.. that should be turned off.

will give this a shot. thanks!

43 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Also, any sound enchantments and that crap.. that should be turned off.

This reminded me that I'd installed an equaliser program thanks to seeing one in one of Luke's videos, and when I looked at it, it was only enabled for my Realtek audio and not my headphones. So, I turned it off to see if it was creating too much latency, which required a reboot. Then I started a 20 minute video, and it played without a hitch. Totally fixed I thought, so I turned it back on to make sure that was the cause. After another reboot, played the same video, and it was also fine o.O So my guess, is it's related to system load (I generally have a lot open with days/weeks between reboots). I'll keep you posted as I slowly reopen everything, and see how much it affects things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2017 at 3:27 AM, A3r0Sp1k3 said:

This reminded me that I'd installed an equaliser program thanks to seeing one in one of Luke's videos, and when I looked at it, it was only enabled for my Realtek audio and not my headphones. So, I turned it off to see if it was creating too much latency, which required a reboot. Then I started a 20 minute video, and it played without a hitch. Totally fixed I thought, so I turned it back on to make sure that was the cause. After another reboot, played the same video, and it was also fine o.O So my guess, is it's related to system load (I generally have a lot open with days/weeks between reboots). I'll keep you posted as I slowly reopen everything, and see how much it affects things.

Problems still alive with me and its really annoying, cant find a damn fix!

On 12/2/2017 at 11:31 AM, IsmetUcur said:

Did it temporarily fix straight after a reboot like mine did?

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2017 at 11:31 AM, IsmetUcur said:

Just realised, it doesn't happen when I don't have Chrome open. Either that's because Chrome has a problem, or from the large number of tabs I have open in it (even if the tabs processes are stopped). Maybe this could help you?