Questions on computer parts

boiboi69

Here are a few questions that i need to clear my doubt on:

1.On an Asus TUF b350m, where are the vrm heatsinks? i cant seem to find it.

2. For water pump headers where else can i plug it to instead on the motherboard?

3. Say if i wanna manual OC, after setting all the values in BIOS, is tehre a function to turn on OC mode from window home page?.

4.If i only OC when i play competitive games, which is not very often, should i go for 1600 or 1600x? (Plan to go ryzen cuz i see potential in them. Its for future upgrade )

24 minutes ago, boiboi69 said:

Here are a few questions that i need to clear my doubt on:

1.On an Asus TUF b350m, where are the vrm heatsinks? i cant seem to find it.

2. For water pump headers where else can i plug it to instead on the motherboard?

3. Say if i wanna manual OC, after setting all the values in BIOS, is tehre a function to turn on OC mode from window home page?.

4.If i only OC when i play competitive games, which is not very often, should i go for 1600 or 1600x? (Plan to go ryzen cuz i see potential in them. Its for future upgrade )

1. The metal heatsink on the left side sandwitched between the rear IO and the chokes. You don't need to fiddle with this anyway

2. You should plug the pump header to the dedicated pump header if there is one or the CPU header which has built-in protection in case of pump failure but I guess you can plug it into any compatible header

3. It's usually either but I can't say for sure for the latest mobo. Ryzen Master is pretty good though.

4. 1600 regardless it's the better value and virtually the same as the 1600X