Please help with a new home networking project

meemeemeem

While my house is under construction, and we're still doing the wiring, I'd like to find a solution to get ethernet cables in every room. 

I saw this video: 

And decided that this would be a good idea, but I'm not entirely sure how well this would adapt to an indoor solution. I would appreciate if anyone can help with this.

P.S. Is it fine to put a network switch inside a wall or would that just end badly?

just ask the guy doing the electric work to make sure there are network ports on the walls. you can just route all cat6 (if your doing it. do it right) to one place and make them connect it to a patch panel from where you can do with it whatever you want.

1 minute ago, Levisallanon said:

just ask the guy doing the electric work to make sure there are network ports on the walls. you can just route all cat6 (if your doing it. do it right)

exactly. if you already have professionals in the house working on your wiring, just talk to them about it. 

1 hour ago, meemeemeem said:

While my house is under construction, and we're still doing the wiring, I'd like to find a solution to get ethernet cables in every room. 

I saw this video: 

And decided that this would be a good idea, but I'm not entirely sure how well this would adapt to an indoor solution. I would appreciate if anyone can help with this.

P.S. Is it fine to put a network switch inside a wall or would that just end badly?

Let a pro do it. Also, I heard best practice is 2 wires per drop. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.