Quick and Important Mathematics Question

Boomwebsearch

Which of the following numbers doesn't belong? (view attachment to see the number set that I am referring to)? I am asking this off-topic question to see if anyone knows the answer and can help me by letting me know. I am trying to review some mathematics concepts that I learned a long time ago. Also please explain why that number does not belong to the set of numbers (see that attachment to see the number set that I am referring to).

Problem from the Weekly Math Review Homework (7).png

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Please find which of the numbers in the number set (64, 16, 36, 32, 8, and 4) does not belong, also please explain why that number does not belong.

Thanks,

Boomwebsearch

@Boomwebsearch 

Only one of those numbers is not a power of an integer. 

And only one (a different one) is not 2n for some integer n. 

You seem to enjoy people doing your homework ..... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Only one of those numbers is not a power of an integer. 

And only one (a different one) is not 2n for some integer n. 

You seem to enjoy people doing your homework ..... 

The number 4 in this number set can be divided into any other number that is in the same number set. 1 and 2 are numbers that have the ability to be divided into any other number in this number set. Thanks for your helpful tip, although I am still not sure of the answer and how to solve this problem.

@Boomwebsearch 

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

The number 4 in this number set can be divided into any other number that is in the same number set. 1 and 2 are numbers that have the ability to be divided into any other number in this number set. Thanks for your helpful tip, although I am still not sure of the answer and how to solve this problem.

22=4

23=8

24=16

25=32

26=64

25.17~=36

36 is the only number that can't be represented by a (whole number) power of 2. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

22=4

23=8

24=16

25=32

26=64

25.17~=36

So you are saying that the number 36 does not belong because it can not be gotten by doing the number of 2 to the power of any whole number.

@Boomwebsearch