Will my old display work with new CPUs?

haimlvov10

Hello! I have an old only VGA display since 2007. In the next few years, I intend to build a new PC setup, that will include the latest CPU, and chipset (Like the I7 8700K and the Z370/Z270.) So, I want to know, will my old display work with this configuration? If not, what display do you recommend, for programming and for not super heavy gaming?

(I play ETS2, Cities skylines and Minecraft.)

(Now I'm using a VGA to DVI adapter for my nVidia GT 630, to connect my display to my video card.)

5 minutes ago, haimlvov10 said:

Hello! I have an old only VGA display since 2007. In the next few years, I intend to build a new PC setup, that will include the latest CPU, and chipset (Like the I7 8700K and the Z370/Z270.) So, I want to know, will my old display work with this configuration? If not, what display do you recommend, for programming and for not super heavy gaming?

(I play ETS2, Cities skylines and Minecraft.)

(Now I'm using a VGA to DVI adapter for my nVidia GT 630, to connect my display to my video card.)

as long as it has correct ports it should work but consider upgrading 

It should work with no issues. You will likely need to use a DVI to VGA adapter though as most modern hardware no longer include a VGA connector.  If this display works well for your needs you don't really need to upgrade. Though if you have room in your budget a more modern display may make for a more enjoyable experience.

Gigabyte x570 UD   -   Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.0 Ghz   -   64GB 3200MHz CL16 T-Force Vulcan Z   -   Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity

2x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB   -   2x Seagate Exos X14 10TB 7200 RPM 256MB   -   Corsair RM1000x    -    Lian Li Lancool One

I am currently running a new system hardware with a bunch of late 2000's monitors as well. Just find a few DP to VGA adapters and you're set.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

8 minutes ago, Kongel said:

It should work with no issues. You will likely need to use a DVI to VGA adapter though as most modern hardware no longer include a VGA connector.  If this display works well for your needs you don't really need to upgrade. Though if you have room in your budget a more modern display may make for a more enjoyable experience.

DVI ports on motherboards generally do not support passive VGA adapters.

39 minutes ago, haimlvov10 said:

Like the I7 8700K and the Z370/Z270

when you got money for that I don't allow you to use a VGA display from 199x. Tell your mom I said so.