Any new rumors about PureView?

Illya

It was some time ago since we had a real camera phone release. I miss a dedicated shutterbutton like they have on sony phones. But also where are the killer specs for camera phones. I recently bought a Nokia n8 and was blown away by the camera, that phone is like 7 years old now! I miss something unique on the market right now, like an Nokia n8 or a 1020? Am I alone in my way of thinking?

I have to be blunt: PureView is dead, mainly because Windows Phone/Mobile and the old Nokia are dead.

And we have real camera phones right now, it's just that the means of achieving that has changed.  The Lumia 1020 and 808 PureView used that ridiculous 41-megapixel sensor because, at the time, that seemed like the best solution to producing zoom on a smartphone without a telescoping lens.  But now, it's easier to do that with a second camera -- you don't need a gigantic camera hump or massive photo files.  And importantly, dual cameras don't have to be about zoom.  LG's second camera on the G6/V30 lets you achieve wide-angle shots; Apple, Samsung and others use theirs not just for zoom, but for depth-of-field and lighting effects.

And in many cases, these phones take objectively better photos than anything Nokia made.  Better sharpness, low-light performance, color accuracy and focusing speed.  In short: you probably need to pick up a modern camera-oriented phone and see what you've been missing!