How much cooler does adding another Rad do? (if any)

I am going to be installing a new I9-7900x with EK monoblock and 1080TI with Ek waterblock.

I currently have the following:

- D5 Vario pump+reservoir

- 420mm radiator 45mm thick

- 280mm radiator 60mm thick

Temps with my x99 cpu has never been an issue, but I want to push the new 7900x.  I have heard the amount of heat coming off these new chips is intense.  I currently have two intake fans in the front but there is room for a 280mm radiator 30mm thick.   So a couple of questions:

- Am I going to get any better cooling putting in another radiator? 

- Is there a place to look to see how much tubing/radiators a D5 Vario pump can actually push water through in a reasonable flow?

-  Would it be better to put in another pump instead of the radiator and splitting the loop into two, with each the cpu/gpu going to their own radiators?

Thanks!!!

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

the problem with these chips is the shitty solder bertween the lid and the die, i think with your current cooling you are pushing it as far as is possible really

Just now, Tiwaz said:

the problem with these chips is the shitty solder bertween the lid and the die, i think with your current cooling you are pushing it as far as is possible really

Once I get my motherboard I was going to put it on an AIO and see if I can push it to 4.6 with it on a test bench. From there I'll decide whether to send it off for delidding or not.  So what would your response be if I got it delidded with a better thermal paste? :)

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

well if the relidding is done with some good liquid metal then the extra 3 degrees wont even matter, if done properly with your rad setup you should be able to push 300W on that cpu with exceed 45°´C liquid temp at higher fan speeds

2 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

well if the relidding is done with some good liquid metal then the extra 3 degrees wont even matter, if done properly with your rad setup you should be able to push 300W on that cpu with exceed 45°´C liquid temp at higher fan speeds

Interesting. Silicon Lottery is saying they are getting 10-20C better temps with their delidding on the 7900x.

I have been told in a single loop the best lay out is this:  Pump>Rad>GPU>Rad>CPU>Reservoir   the point being that before each heat component there is a radiator.  They have said it is better than Pump> Rad>GPU>CPU>Rad> reservoir.    Every degree helps!

1 minute ago, brighttail said:

Interesting. Silicon Lottery is saying they are getting 10-20C better temps with their delidding on the 7900x.

I have been told in a single loop the best lay out is this:  Pump>Rad>GPU>Rad>CPU>Reservoir   the point being that before each heat component there is a radiator.  They have said it is better than Pump> Rad>GPU>CPU>Rad> reservoir.    Every degree helps!

positioning in the loop doesnt matter, any decent custom loop uses a pump that can pump the liquid so fast that there is an equilibrium which means we are hitting a ΔT of 1°C at best in the hottest point of the loop and the coolest, but cooling gpus is much easier than cpus since you dont have to deal with shitty TIM on gpus since they are bare die