Windows 10 issue with sleep

alexjt11

Hi,

So I reinstalled windows 10 on my MSI GP62 6QF laptop. I wanted to just completely restart from scratch. No programs no nothing. 

So .... Here's the problem,

When I close the lid or put the laptop to sleep I see the lines that are in the picture.

I need someone to suggest a fix or if it could be an update in windows 10 that is messing it up?

Could it be that I haven't installed some proprietary MSI software?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Alex

P.S: To get rid of this I have to hold the power in and restart the whole laptop. 

20170921_191816.jpg

seems like a switchable graphics issue. to reiterate what @Ethocreeper , make sure your gpu drivers are up to date. Failing that, set windows to do nothing when you close the lid, and just put it to sleep with the hotkey ??

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

7 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

seems like a switchable graphics issue. to reiterate what @Ethocreeper , make sure your gpu drivers are up to date. Failing that, set windows to do nothing when you close the lid, and just put it to sleep with the hotkey ??

13 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

did you install all the drivers?

So, all the Nvidia drivers are installed and working. Only is the MSI stuff it came installed with originally. When I put it to sleep with hot keys or anything it still has the same problem 

the fact you are running a factory OS might be the issue lol, im surprised you bought a laptop that nice and didnt instantly reinstall windows on it. But jokes aside, if this only happens when waking from sleep, just dont use sleep. go to power settings and set the close lid action to do nothing, it still turns the screen off, and if you were leaving it long enough to worry about the battery still dying, you should have just shut it down.

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

1 minute ago, DnFx91 said:

the fact you are running a factory OS might be the issue lol, im surprised you bought a laptop that nice and didnt instantly reinstall windows on it. But jokes aside, if this only happens when waking from sleep, just dont use sleep. go to power settings and set the close lid action to do nothing, it still turns the screen off, and if you were leaving it long enough to worry about the battery still dying, you should have just shut it down.

Well it came with windows 10 I figured it would be the same as the desktop version.

But the reason is, Im at university now and I want to just be able to take my laptop from place to place and close it to let it sleep. It such a pain in the ass to have this issue, because it means I cant just close and leave, I have to save everything and its just a pain.