Is the Corsair 800D a good case?

X1XNobleX1X

As the title says, is the Corsair 800D actually a good case? I'm about to purchase a case and the Corsair 800D seems to be the best for me. I really want to find the best case out there, money is not a issue. I would like the case to have a large side window and at least a EATX.

These are the cases I can choose from http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25_547&vk_sort=4

I'v looked at the TJ11 and I'm really not sure how it would work, seems weird, as all the components would be on the side.

Anyways, through the list of cases which one is the best?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

you might be able to hold off and get corsair obsidian 900d

that's what i would do

that's what i would do

900D will be 1.5-2x the price...

that's what i would do

Apparently you didn't watch Linus' coverage at CES. It's going to be $350 (+$50 over the 800D).

that's what i would do

That pricing isn't guaranteed and the 800D will more than likely drop slightly on release.

I believe that the 800D is a great case for what I want in a computer. It really depends on what you want. Are you going to be doing custom watercooling? Are you going for a themed look?

The case has great cable management options and it also has tons of space inside. I would generally recommend it to about anyone, no matter what they are building.

I'm just about to start a new build in a 800D next month and I can tell you it is a sweet case. Great cable management, it's ideal for watercooling and it just looks great. It is true that the 900D will be coming out soon. It's bigger, more moldable and more enthusiast orientated than the 800D but personally I hate how you can see harddrive and optical trays. In the end it's up to you, both great cases, they'll both get the job done.

uJ5Jxmc.jpg

that's what i would do

he specifically said that money is not a problem so that is why i said maybe you can hold out til 900d.

that's what i would do

I agree with REDNINJA2012, the 900D fixes many of the issues with the 800D that people made known to Corsair. I would get the case you know has been designed with community input in mind. This will ensure that you get all the bells and whistles you are hoping for. Yes the case is going to be expensive but why put a bunch of expensive hardware in a crappy case?