Review of the Dell CS / store

TLDR : Don't buy from the dell.com/dell.ca website
they are not worth your time even if you can save a bit of money. their customer support sucks BAD and they don't care for their customers.

SO. what happened ?

well, it all started a few months ago. when I decided to buy a dell 2 in 1 laptop. it was cheaper on the dell website and I had company discounts there. so I bought it strait from the website.
I got a confirmation of order. saying it would arrive within 2-3 weeks.

and then. nothing.

4 weeks passed, then I check the email I had reicived with the tracking number. and clicked on it.  turns out, my order got cancled !

so I contacted dell, and they coudn't tell me why it got cancled. they had no idea. (now wether they actually knew or not I can't tell. I just don't know.) then, they ordered again and had the thing shipped. but I got no emails, no confirmation that it got sent. The laptop arrived, and a week later I got the confirmation email that it was sent from the dell warehouse. A WEEK AFTER I HAD REICIVED IT !!!  how does that make sense !
turms out I got the laptop after all anyways. and some good discounts.  got it a month and a half too late tho. college had already started...

whats that ? you think that was it ? hahahahahahahha. no.

When I got the laptop, it came with a 5400rpm drive. wich I had in mind that I would change for a 256gb ssd after I got the laptop, because dell gave me a 49$ gift card for buying the laptop in their store so I bought it there.

At first, I screwed up. I put in 2x the gift card number instead of my credit card number.  I was called the next day by a dell representative and we got that fixed. he, on the phone, confirmed the order was all good and going to be shipped asap. and that the order had been aprooved. not only that. but he sent me emails about the confirmation too. 

today, I checked the order status. and it had been cancled AGAIN !

now. why was that ? no idea. dell can't answer either. no clue. 
I called dell's customer support. I was met with "its beyond what I can do" and "we cannot ship it, I will need your contact info and credit card number to issue a refund"  because, aparently he doesn't have that. now. why was my accoutn not refunded when the order was cancled and why did I not get an email ? no clue. no one knows. I asked to speak to his supervisor (he didn't want to help me, and when he said he'd transfer me, he put me on hold and came back saying he spoke with his supervisor)  aka bullshit.
then he tranfered me to the sales department. wich asked me if I wanted help buying one of their products. (nah, he didn't tell them the issue ofc. just a direct transfer to a new dep)  these guys then figured they coudn't do it. so they transfered me to the ORDER STATUS DEPARTMENT IN THE UNITED STATES.  IM IN CANADA.
the guy realised there was a problem. so he transfered me to his supervisor !
(what a relief I though)  but nah. the guy gave me a number to call but decided to transfer me anyways to a closed department. wich just played music untill some ear peircing alarm went off and the phone call was ended. I knew the department was closed because the automated system told me it was when I called the number provided.

is it over now ? no. my issue is still an issue. I contacted dell via twitter and they said they were "sorry" and to contact them via private messages. I only got an automated response from them as of right now. no consideration for the info I mentionned. just a "we got our team checking your status and submiting a refund"

funny. considering I was told I needed to re-give my email, phone and credit card info.  but those guys didn't ask.

in the end. its simple. don't buy from dell, their products are ok. the PR and CS teams arn't. hell. I had less trouble with HP than those guys. and even Logitech sent in extra pairs of their g933 headphones when my first pair broke.

so I shall rate them.
Dell's website : 7/10.  its hard to use and prices is all over the place
Dell's customer support  : 2/10. they arn't all bad. the first time with my laptop went fine and the lady was nice. got resolved quickly. second one tho. well, they left me hanging.

Dell's phone calls : 1/10  coudn't hear anything the guys in canada could say. though if you speak to the supervisor I spoke to on the US side, he had a decent accent.

Dell's care for its customer : 0/10. you are not worth their time. and they are not worth your money.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004