Zowie XL2411 cant display more than 60Hz

Adept

Hey guys, since i swapped out my GTX670 for a GTX1080 my Zowie XL2411 wont allow more than 60Hz@1080p, at 1024x768 it can allow 120Hz but  only at those crappy resolutions.

With the GTX 670 everything was working fine. (Using 385.41 WHQL Nvidia Drivers, BenQ Display Pivot+Drivers installed)

Also tried with older Nvidia drivers, no difference. Tried 3 different DVI-DL Cables, and one Displayport to DVI-D. Didnt change a thing. Any ideas? Anyone had the same problem?

Edit: Also making a custom resolution with Nvidia Controllpanel wont work (blackscreen @120Hz and @144Hz)

Thanks

4 hours ago, Adept said:

Hey guys, since i swapped out my GTX670 for a GTX1080 my Zowie XL2411 wont allow more than 60Hz@1080p, at 1024x768 it can allow 120Hz but  only at those crappy resolutions.

With the GTX 670 everything was working fine. (Using 385.41 WHQL Nvidia Drivers, BenQ Display Pivot+Drivers installed)

Also tried with older Nvidia drivers, no difference. Tried 3 different DVI-DL Cables, and one Displayport to DVI-D. Didnt change a thing. Any ideas? Anyone had the same problem?

Edit: Also making a custom resolution with Nvidia Controllpanel wont work (blackscreen @120Hz and @144Hz)

Thanks

Are you using any adapters? Is it a Gigabyte card?

2 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Are you using any adapters? Is it a Gigabyte card?

No Adapters used, yes Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080 (rev2.0) running with 385.41 WHQL Display Driver

1 hour ago, Adept said:

No Adapters used, yes Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080 (rev2.0) running with 385.41 WHQL Display Driver

Seems to be a common problem that people cannot run 144 Hz on the XL2411Z with Gigabyte 1000 series cards. I'm not sure what the cause is though. Perhaps the DVI port is really only Single-Link DVI...I'm not sure.

Just now, Glenwing said:

Seems to be a common problem that people cannot run 144 Hz on the XL2411Z with Gigabyte 1000 series cards. I'm not sure what the cause is though. Perhaps the DVI port is really only Single-Link DVI...I'm not sure.

wow this gotta be a joke... but i have an DP to DVI-D cable... which also doesnt work

Just now, Adept said:

wow this gotta be a joke... but i have an DP to DVI-D cable... which also doesnt work

DP only supports passive adapters to Single-Link DVI, same with HDMI. You need a native Dual-Link DVI port to run 144 Hz through DVI.

38 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

DP only supports passive adapters to Single-Link DVI, same with HDMI. You need a native Dual-Link DVI port to run 144 Hz through DVI.

ow wow .... -.- gotta buy Asus Rog then .. -.-