Best Cherry MX Blue Keyboard?

Go to solution Solved by Swealteek,

Hi all,

I'm looking for my first mechanical keyboard, and after watching numerous videos, I have settled on the Cherry MX Blue switches. I like the loud click sound of the MX Blue switches, and I like a deep press, but not enough to get finger fatigue. I do video editing and light gaming, but I need a number pad, as my dad is a banker. Due to the vast amount of mechanical keyboards out there I'm not quite sure on what to get. I have a couple of preferences on what I would like:

• Cherry MX Blue switches
  • Corsair
  • Full size (Not 10 key-less)
  • Under $100
  • Available on amazon.co.uk

I've had a bit of a look, but would like your opinion if you own one already.

Cheers, Sam.

26 minutes ago, Milky Way Gaming said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for my first mechanical keyboard, and after watching numerous videos, I have settled on the Cherry MX Blue switches. I like the loud click sound of the MX Blue switches, and I like a deep press, but not enough to get finger fatigue. I do video editing and light gaming, but I need a number pad, as my dad is a banker. Due to the vast amount of mechanical keyboards out there I'm not quite sure on what to get. I have a couple of preferences on what I would like:

• Cherry MX Blue switches
  • Corsair
  • Full size (Not 10 key-less)
  • Under $100
  • Available on amazon.co.uk

I've had a bit of a look, but would like your opinion if you own one already.

Cheers, Sam.

Why do you want it to be made by corsair? Its not like they are the only company that makes good keyboards

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

A friend of mine has a corsair and always curses about the built quality... :D

I'd recomment the Logitech G710+.

I have that one, I love it, it clicks really nicely loud (Go blue MX) and you can usually get it really cheap (50€ around here in germany) since it's "last years" model.

Outemu blues feel better than Cherry blues and Corsair's build quality isn't exceptional by any means...

Even if they cost more I'd still be buying Chinese keyboards instead of Corsair's stuff. The Motospeed CK104/Aukey KM-G3 is a pretty common starter Outemu Blue RGB board that goes for under $50. Unfortunately it looks like nobody is selling the Mantistek GK2 on Amazon UK; that's my go-to full sized Corsair Strafe killer at the moment. Much nicer build (especially on the stabilizers) with RGB software support.

E-element also makes a pretty cheap UK layout RGB fullsize with Outemu Blues. Although their Z77 TKL is my favorite board for pure quality build, their fullsized stuff isn't bad either. Their UK keycap set is also laser-etched instead of doubleshot, which is unfortunate for durability but just like Corsair in that regard (most gaming brands use the less durable but better-looking etched painted caps).

If you insist on name brands, Cooler Master's Masterkeys lineup is much higher quality than Corsair's and around the same price. It's Aurora compatible too so you can use the same lighting profiles as Logitech, Razer, and Corsair.

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

If you want a corsair keyboard with cherry blue switches, go to their website and look at corsair keyboards?

Obviously, I know. I wanted peoples opinions, who have had first hand experience with the product.

28 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

Outemu blues feel better than Cherry blues and Corsair's build quality isn't exceptional by any means...

Even if they cost more I'd still be buying Chinese keyboards instead of Corsair's stuff. The Motospeed CK104/Aukey KM-G3 is a pretty common starter Outemu Blue RGB board that goes for under $50. Unfortunately it looks like nobody is selling the Mantistek GK2 on Amazon UK; that's my go-to full sized Corsair Strafe killer at the moment. Much nicer build (especially on the stabilizers) with RGB software support.

E-element also makes a pretty cheap UK layout RGB fullsize with Outemu Blues. Although their Z77 TKL is my favorite board for pure quality build, their fullsized stuff isn't bad either. Their UK keycap set is also laser-etched instead of doubleshot, which is unfortunate for durability but just like Corsair in that regard (most gaming brands use the less durable but better-looking etched painted caps).

If you insist on name brands, Cooler Master's Masterkeys lineup is much higher quality than Corsair's and around the same price. It's Aurora compatible too so you can use the same lighting profiles as Logitech, Razer, and Corsair.

I got a key switch tester with just about every mechanical switch on to choke a horse. I tried them all without looking, and still preferred the Cherry MX Blue, over the other 23 switches, including the Outemu Blue switch. My friend has this keyboard, which I liked very much apart from the key switches, which is why I want blue instead. It's also from Corsair and he has had it for nearly a year now, with no problems what so ever. Corsairs utility management software is one of the best for programming RGB modes as i use it for my mouse and the build quality of that board is excellent, and he is very happy with it. It' not that I insist on brand names, for example I currently have this keyboard and have for over a year, and has been fine, It's just that I want an upgrade. So I'm going to get this keyboard, as its affordable, has a red back light which is programmable, made by Corsair and is full-size. I'm sure that those keyboards that you have mentioned are also very good, but I have bought tonnes of stuff from Corsair before, and have never had a problem.

43 minutes ago, staubgame said:

A friend of mine has a corsair and always curses about the built quality... :D

I'd recomment the Logitech G710+.

I have that one, I love it, it clicks really nicely loud (Go blue MX) and you can usually get it really cheap (50€ around here in germany) since it's "last years" model.

Oh, my friend has this keyboard, and absolutely loves it and has never had a problem. I myself, have brought tonnes of stuff from Corsair before and I've never had a problem with any of it. I'm sure that the G710+ is also good, but I'm a Corsair person and I've settled on getting this one. Thank you for your input though.

On 26.8.2017 at 0:35 AM, Milky Way Gaming said:

Oh, my friend has this keyboard, and absolutely loves it and has never had a problem. I myself, have brought tonnes of stuff from Corsair before and I've never had a problem with any of it. I'm sure that the G710+ is also good, but I'm a Corsair person and I've settled on getting this one. Thank you for your input though.

No problem. :)
My main selling point was the price anyway. I think in terms of quality you usually can't go wrong with either of the big brands since they can't afford to fall behind each other.