Dell Gaming S2417DG vs BenQ XL2430T

Hey there!

To start off, I'm fairly confident that this is the correct section to post in, and if not I apologize and please tell me! 

So, I've been interested in purchasing a new monitor for a while, and after scanning through every monitor within my budget, its come down to 2, the "Dell Gaming S2417DG" and the "BenQ XL2430".

This monitor is mainly for competitive games such as CS:GO, but I would also like a nice all around monitor along with the capabilities for esports. 

The BenQ XL2430T is pretty notorious within the esports scene as a reliable and efficient monitor. The dell gaming is fairly new and isn't really seen as a go to monitor in the gaming scene. 

My mind is kind of headed towards the dell, mainly for the 1440p, OC to 165Hz, the thin bezel and G-Sync, which the BenQ lack. These features are not necessary, but considering how often I get a monitor, I think investing it one with such features would make sense.

I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some personal experience with the monitors or some pros and cons not found on articles and such. 

Thank you for taking your time to read this, Ryan.

6 hours ago, Ging06 said:

Hey there!

To start off, I'm fairly confident that this is the correct section to post in, and if not I apologize and please tell me! 

So, I've been interested in purchasing a new monitor for a while, and after scanning through every monitor within my budget, its come down to 2, the "Dell Gaming S2417DG" and the "BenQ XL2430".

This monitor is mainly for competitive games such as CS:GO, but I would also like a nice all around monitor along with the capabilities for esports. 

The BenQ XL2430T is pretty notorious within the esports scene as a reliable and efficient monitor. The dell gaming is fairly new and isn't really seen as a go to monitor in the gaming scene. 

My mind is kind of headed towards the dell, mainly for the 1440p, OC to 165Hz, the thin bezel and G-Sync, which the BenQ lack. These features are not necessary, but considering how often I get a monitor, I think investing it one with such features would make sense.

I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some personal experience with the monitors or some pros and cons not found on articles and such. 

Well...the Dell is certainly better in every way. What's the difference in cost? Generally BenQ monitors tend to be expensive for their class. BenQ is a visible brand in the eSports community because they sponsor eSports by providing monitors. There's nothing bad about their monitors, but most other brands will serve just as well too.

6 hours ago, Ging06 said:

Hey there!

Commenting as 2430T owner and CS:GO player: 

If you have the budget, and a good enough card to drive the Dell at 144hz, get the Dell.

This isn't a knock against the 2430T, but praise for the Dell. You'll enjoy the greater pixel density and more premium design.

The Dell doesn't have the pop-out headphone-holder or the OSD wheel, but in my experience those have both been gimmicks rather than features.

(How often do you REAAAAAALLY go through the OSD and change settings?) 

Cheers to your new panel.

I have that Dell Monitor. I went from using a HD TV,to the Dell monitor.  It is a smooth gaming experience, the refresh rate and g sync, are game changers in first person shooters. The 2K option is nice because you get good clarity in game.

Only draw back is the out of the box colors look washed out but, using the Nivida control for colors makes it look good.

Only thing I would think might be a concern is it is a TN panel so colors are not going to be as amazing as on a top end IPS display. 

But that being said I am 100% happy with it. Good choice 

Nvidia Control Panel>Adjust desktop color settings:
Brightness-50%
Contrast-50%
Gamma-0.60%
Digital vibrance-70%
Hue-0

Steam Profile

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 3800 MHz (38.00 x 100)  /Offset + v 0.018

Asus Hero VI Motherboard
NZXT Kraken X62

G Skill F4-3200C14-8GFX  O.C. 3200 MHZ (14-14-14-28 ) x 2   1.4 v
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2  (8 GB)
27 Dell 2K 144 Hz G sync display

Amazing! I love hearing that everyone who purchased it and have seen it commend it, I was scared is was one of those too good to be true monitors honestly.

16 hours ago, MrBOT said:

I have that Dell Monitor. I went from using a HD TV,to the Dell monitor.  It is a smooth gaming experience, the refresh rate and g sync, are game changers in first person shooters. The 2K option is nice because you get good clarity in game.

Only draw back is the out of the box colors look washed out but, using the Nivida control for colors makes it look good.

Only thing I would think might be a concern is it is a TN panel so colors are not going to be as amazing as on a top end IPS display. 

But that being said I am 100% happy with it. Good choice 

Nvidia Control Panel>Adjust desktop color settings:
Brightness-50%
Contrast-50%
Gamma-0.60%
Digital vibrance-70%
Hue-0

Thanks, I've found this one others forums too but I appreciate the information still.

I'll be purchasing this in the coming week, thanks to all again, Ryan.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:47 AM, Ging06 said:

Amazing! I love hearing that everyone who purchased it and have seen it commend it, I was scared is was one of those too good to be true monitors honestly.

Thanks, I've found this one others forums too but I appreciate the information still.

I'll be purchasing this in the coming week, thanks to all again, Ryan.

Id be interested in your thoughts after you get it and just what you think of it?

Steam Profile

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 3800 MHz (38.00 x 100)  /Offset + v 0.018

Asus Hero VI Motherboard
NZXT Kraken X62

G Skill F4-3200C14-8GFX  O.C. 3200 MHZ (14-14-14-28 ) x 2   1.4 v
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2  (8 GB)
27 Dell 2K 144 Hz G sync display