Windows [expletive] after overclocking

Lord Nicoll

I'm not sure if a hardware failure caused this or just windows BSOD so much while overclocking, but windows is pretty fucked up now. The nice picture it shows on the sign in screen is replaced by an off grey colour, there are no desktop icons and the machine won't do anything, at all, it shows the loading icon whenever I go down to the task bar to click on something and it's overall very slow and performing quite bad. 

Yours faithfully

3 minutes ago, jools said:

delete OC ...does windows run now?

Oh the OC was remove, I did that before I tried to use it, it is still very  much confused and broken

Yours faithfully

did you OC thru bios (the proper way) or with software thru windows (the crappy way)?

solution

if proper way....fresh OS install

if crappy way....fresh OS install

god bless bill "the bastard" gates

2 minutes ago, jools said:

did you OC thru bios (the proper way) or with software thru windows (the crappy way)?

solution

if proper way....fresh OS install

if crappy way....fresh OS install

god bless bill "the bastard" gates

if was 50/50 due to it being semiextreme overclocking, however I'd need to get my files off the drive either way, it doesn't seem to want to let me but on the plus side it isn't encrypted so another machine should see them. 

Yours faithfully

3 minutes ago, jools said:

yep get ya data , then rebuild system OS

Thank god I'm sending this from a dual Xeon rack server with Hot swap, the drive works fine and all my sweet memes and the 5.5GHz benchmark screenshots are still alive. I wonder could I just try to repair the OS from here, seems like a lot of work though. 

Screenshot (1).png

Yours faithfully

yes , it would be a lot of work. quicker to do a fresh install. god bless the backup PC...lol. I have twobackup pc's . one a x58 chipset mobo which runs a e5620 OC'ed @3.5ghz (oldy but goody) and an htpc

Just now, jools said:

yes , it would be a lot of work. quicker to do a fresh install. god bless the backup PC...lol. I have twobackup pc's . one a x58 chipset mobo which runs a e5620 OC'ed @3.5ghz (oldy but goody) and an htpc

I'm currently on a HP ProLiant DL160 G6 (LGA 1366 Dual E5506) so it's hardly a back up PC but I have my ROG laptop beside me too, can't be arsed to find the charger for it. 

My other server is a HP ProLiant DL380 G7 (LGA 1366 dual X5670) that is in the house, the rest are out in a garage. 

Yours faithfully

ive been looking for a cheap x5670 to put in my x58 board , you know those cpu's OC really well and six cores, hoping for +4ghz . built my own server once and I know why they are in the garage , they sound like a jet taking off. that's why I got rid of mine (no garage). im just flying a gaming rig now

1 minute ago, jools said:

ive been looking for a cheap x5670 to put in my x58 board , you know those cpu's OC really well and six cores, hoping for +4ghz . built my own server once and I know why they are in the garage , they sound like a jet taking off. that's why I got rid of mine (no garage). im just flying a gaming rig now

I do a lot of hosting for friends and some other work I do, and yes, 12 15000 RPM 30mm fans are loud, even right now this thing is fucking almost unbearable. The larger higher end 2U servers are a lot quieter. 

Yours faithfully

yep noise is proportional fan size and rpm, noise cancelling headphones mite be a future purchase...anyway im off, have a good day