crashing issue

whistleblower52

Recently i have had a whole bunch of issues with my PC. When playing a game it would immediately crash and cut to a no signal screen where i have to shut off my computer to reboot it. I immediately thought it was a RAM problem and tested both dims with the issue still occurring. I stress tested my CPU and everything was normal. Then I tested my GPU using furmark and before it even loaded it immediately crashed. I checked its idle temps and they were sitting at 45c with the clock speed rising and falling when no applications were open. I pulled out my GPU to check for any dust buildup but it was completely clean. I tried moving the GPU down one PCIE slot with no change. Then I stripped my whole system apart and found when unplugging the GPU power connector from the PSU it was completely stuck. I finally was able to pull it out and found the plastic around the pins was melted and some was stuck in the PSU port. My system is a core I5-7600, 16g ripjaw5, msi rx480(8gig), all on a msi krait gaming z270 motherboard, and all powered by a 550w rosewell PSU. I built my system 3 months ago and have had zero issued up until this point. My question is my PSU the one at fault or is it my GPU that is causing the problems? 

The only way to be sure what is at fault is to find another GPU or PSU and test with that. I am going to put my money on the PSU if the connector was damaged. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?