Should i upgrade my GPU or CPU first? (For gaming)

Gordonekk

I have AMD X4 880K (OC to 4.5Ghz),8GB DDR3 1600Mhz (2x4), MSI RADEON R7 260X 2GD5 OCV1,Asrock FM2A58M-DG3+,EVGA 500W. For the money I've got i can get gpu's like GTX 1060 or RX 580 or i can buy RYZEN 1600 (or Intel counterpart),AM4 MATX MOBO,DDR4 RAM. If i get the gpu my 880K will bottleneck in more cpu intensive games but it will still run much better than 260x. If i get RYZEN 1600 (+MOBO,DDR4 RAM) i would have to keep my 260x which will bottleneck the RYZEN for sure. With the ryzen i don't expect that big of an improvement in most games but it will future proof me. I think this is 50/50. Ryzen 1600 seems like a smarter decision to me but games will run pretty much the same. I honestly think the gpu upgrade would be better for gaming. I really can't make up my mind!

4 minutes ago, Gordonekk said:

I have AMD X4 880K (OC to 4.5Ghz),8GB DDR3 1600Mhz (2x4), MSI RADEON R7 260X 2GD5 OCV1,Asrock FM2A58M-DG3+,EVGA 500W. For the money I've got i can get gpu's like GTX 1060 or RX 580 or i can buy RYZEN 1600 (or Intel counterpart),AM4 MATX MOBO,DDR4 RAM. If i get the gpu my 880K will bottleneck in more cpu intensive games but it will still run much better than 260x. If i get RYZEN 1600 (+MOBO,DDR4 RAM) i would have to keep my 260x which will bottleneck the RYZEN for sure. With the ryzen i don't expect that big of an improvement in most games but it will future proof me. I think this is 50/50. Ryzen 1600 seems like a smarter decision to me but games will run pretty much the same. I honestly think the gpu upgrade would be better for gaming. I really can't make up my mind!

depends on what games you play

budget g4560 intel and a 1050ti for a more balanced system

stay away from the 4560. not worth it.

I would upgrade to a new platform ( 1600 and board and ram ). from there you can get a better card and your gaming will be much better. Don't buy a new card now because it won't help anything with that cpu.

I agree G4560 is not worth it. Well i think the 1060 would improve my gaming performance quite a bit. Look at the video. 50 fps in Witcher 3 in ultra settings does not seem bad to me. And keep in mind he is using stock frequency (and im running at 4.5Ghz)

I upgraded my cpu first and it was like night and day. went from an AMD A10-7700k to the R7 1700 both using my 960 2gb. ultimately, it comes down to what games you play like xXATHERIALXx said. I play a lot of PUBG so it went from around 15 - 20 fps average to 60 - 70 average for example. Good luck!!!