Cameras for cheap

I've been looking at getting a budget DSLR but I'm still faced with the problem of massive cost. I really like the look of the Panasonic G7 since I will primarily use it for video but want good stills too. The only problem I can see is that it's horrifically expensive. I can sell my current bridge camera (Fujifilm Finepix S4500) and get about 50 to 60 pounds but I don't want to spend more than £250 to £300 more than that. If anyone knows how to get good deals and I need a lens too since this is my first DSLR.

I will consider other DSLRs though.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Then you are looking at the wrong type of camera.

A body will start at 300 pounds and go up to the sky price wise.

But the lens itself will be as expensive and more then the body.

You can try and find a 2nd hand one. But if you do find one in your price range make sure you can check the lens before buying it.

But that camera seems like a good one, any specific reason to dump it?

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

Then you are looking at the wrong type of camera.

A body will start at 300 pounds and go up to the sky price wise.

But the lens itself will be as expensive and more then the body.

You can try and find a 2nd hand one. But if you do find one in your price range make sure you can check the lens before buying it.

But that camera seems like a good one, any specific reason to dump it?

I want to do more video as well and the Fuji records the grainiest 720p footage I have ever seen in my life. I use my Samsung Galaxy A5 for recording video cause the Fuji is so awful. It's a good camera for photos despite having an annoying interface but it's video is awful.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

I would suggest going to https://www.dpreview.com/ and check some reviews on bridge camera's that fall into your budget.

They are very extensive and always include a video of their recordings.

Just now, Dujith said:

I would suggest going to https://www.dpreview.com/ and check some reviews on bridge camera's that fall into your budget.

They are very extensive and always include a video of their recordings.

Thanks

Don't cheap out and get a bridge camera, instead look for used dslr and cscs and dare I say, spend expand your budget. If you don't, you may as well stick with your phone, smartphones these days are pretty good in the right hands. 

As far as stills capabilities go, the g7 has a large enough sensor, probably larger than most bridge cameras and it is expandable. Also its a 16mp if Im not mistaken which is fine for stills, sure you cant wallpaper your bedroom, but its still fine. 

You could probably find something like a 700d with an 18-5mm for ~£350 on ebay or gumtree etc. Also, Cex tend to price fairly as well. But if its a matter of £50, just skip the pub for a week. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

45 minutes ago, cc143 said:

Don't cheap out and get a bridge camera, instead look for used dslr and cscs and dare I say, spend expand your budget. If you don't, you may as well stick with your phone, smartphones these days are pretty good in the right hands. 

As far as stills capabilities go, the g7 has a large enough sensor, probably larger than most bridge cameras and it is expandable. Also its a 16mp if Im not mistaken which is fine for stills, sure you cant wallpaper your bedroom, but its still fine. 

You could probably find something like a 700d with an 18-5mm for ~£350 on ebay or gumtree etc. Also, Cex tend to price fairly as well. But if its a matter of £50, just skip the pub for a week. 

Thanks for your input. My main issue is my tight budget. I'm 17 and haven't got a job yet (not from lack of trying). I'd love to get a G7 but the reality is I'm most likely going to get a dedicated camcorder and just use my Fuji for stills.