New PC, but with my old GPU?

Introoke

Hi,

I want to buy me a new pc. All of the good things I have from my old pc is a msi r9 390 gaming 8g. I have a budget up to like 1200€ but I dont have to spnd everything.

Slould I sell my old GPU to have more money in total or is this GPU "future proof"? I dont wanna buy a new GPU in like a year because the 390 is to bad.

And which other components should i buy?

I want: much rgb 

-use custom cables on my PSU, GPU, ...

-A case with a glass pannnel (maybe with led)

-the theme is red

-I want a nice cable management in my PC, so a case with a special panel would be great :)

As a case I found these 3, but if you have a better one let me know: 

-https://www.caseking.de/phanteks-eclipse-p400s-midi-tower-schwarz-window-gedaemmt-geph-039.html

-https://www.caseking.de/kolink-aviator-v-midi-tower-schwarz-window-gekl-019.html#related

-https://www.caseking.de/chieftec-stallion-gp-01b-midi-tower-schwarz-gech-025.html

I am a big fan of water cooling, but I never built a system. Does Watercooling makes sence in the new build? Is it that easy that I can do it (I'm not retarded and a good builder)?

Thanks for your response, im open for questions in the comment section :)

(Location for online shipping: Germany)

:ph34r: Visit me on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2wsobPu :ph34r:

GPU is as good as a 580, which is close to a 1060 6g. as long as it satisfys you right now, keep it. 

watercooling a CPU with an AIO is close to a dh-15 in temps. 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/pFHbM8 

build i had on a separate chrome tab already, left the cooler and case up to you.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1. I'd recommend the P400 With the tempered glass sidepanel. the one you linked has a plastic sidepanel.

2. Don't go with custom watercooling if you have any budget under $2000. a custom loop alone can cost upwards of $500 even for just the basics.)
3. That GPU is fine if you're gaming at 1080p, but it isn't great. it will have no problem running the games you want at high settings at 1080p for now, but unless you're fine with dropping to medium/low in a bit, then you might want something stronger. however, I'd advise you to maybe just keep the 390, and replace it when you feel like it needs replacing.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

How about this?

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (€199.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€149.99 @ ARLT)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€161.66 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€94.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€51.88 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  (€79.90 @ Caseking)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€99.43 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €837.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-16 19:11 CEST+0200

- ASUS motherboard for RGB Aura sync
- RGB RAM (Aura compatible)
- The case comes with RGB lights, but you might not want to use them, as they're not ASUS Aura (can't sync with the rest of your system)
- The motherboard comes with an RGB header, so you can get RGB light strips for cheap and plug them in.
- Tons of room left in the budget for a new videocard, if you want. (GTX 1070? or save the money for when the R9 380 gets old)

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

15 minutes ago, themctipers said:

GPU is as good as a 580, which is close to a 1060 6g.

i hope you meant GTX 980

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 minute ago, mok said:

i hope you meant GTX 980

?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

?

OP's R9 390 is as good as a GTX 980*
not GTX 580

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Just now, mok said:

OP's R9 390 is as good as a GTX 980*
not GTX 580

RX 580, 980 is better than 390 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, RadiatingLight said:

a custom loop alone can cost upwards of $500 even for just the basics.)

That's not true. I mean, it can but it doesn't. You can do a CPU loop for less than $200, ez.

OP- What are the rest of your current specs? Why are you upgrading, what do you want to achieve with this upgrade?

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

8 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

That's not true. I mean, it can but it doesn't. You can do a CPU loop for less than $200, ez.

OP- What are the rest of your current specs? Why are you upgrading, what do you want to achieve with this upgrade?

Yeah, a CPU only loop. but what's the point in that.

if you're going to do custom watercooling, you'd want a CPU + GPU loop.

that costs at least $300 for barebones stuff.

i said that it CAN go up to $500 for the basics, not that it always does.

anyway, it's too expensive either way for something like this.

Desktop:

Laptop:

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Yeah, a CPU only loop. but what's the point in that.

Uh, cooling your CPU? Pretty self explanatory.

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

if you're going to do custom watercooling, you'd want a CPU + GPU loop.

Not true. If you want to do a custom loop, you can cool anything you want. Someone might want to do a custom loop for just their RAM.

6 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

that costs at least $300 for barebones stuff.

i said that it CAN go up to $500 for the basics, not that it always does.

Still not true. You can do a CPU+GPU loop for less than $300. Just because it CAN be $500 is irrelevant. Cars CAN cost upwards of $100k, that's not the price you'd quote someone if they asked how much a car was.

7 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

anyway, it's too expensive either way for something like this.

For a 1200 euro budget? Since when? We don't know OP's current specs, they could be more than adequate. He might not need/want to spend all 1200 euros on components and could easily use about 200 euros towards a loop for just the CPU or GPU, if he specifically wants to do a custom loop, which he might.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

1 hour ago, Sanctorum said:

Uh, cooling your CPU? Pretty self explanatory.

Not true. If you want to do a custom loop, you can cool anything you want. Someone might want to do a custom loop for just their RAM.

Still not true. You can do a CPU+GPU loop for less than $300. Just because it CAN be $500 is irrelevant. Cars CAN cost upwards of $100k, that's not the price you'd quote someone if they asked how much a car was.

For a 1200 euro budget? Since when? We don't know OP's current specs, they could be more than adequate. He might not need/want to spend all 1200 euros on components and could easily use about 200 euros towards a loop for just the CPU or GPU, if he specifically wants to do a custom loop, which he might.

Fair enough.

But usually nobody wants a custom loop only for RAM. and if I were personally making a custom loop, I'd go with CPU+GPU, and I think most people would too.

Other than EK's fluid gaming aluminum blocks (which are very good, and if OP wants a custom loop, they would be what I'd reccomend), show me a custom CPU+GPU loop for under $300.

and OP said that his budget for a new PC was 1,200. that includes all components.

it's undeniable that $1200 in components  + normal cooling is going to perform better than $1900 in components plus a custom loop.

Desktop:

Laptop:

GPU Block https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC8W4Z05798 $125

CPU Block https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC8W4Z05628&cm_re=ek_supremacy-_-2YM-0010-00004-_-Product $75

Rad https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106340&cm_re=240mm_radiator-_-35-106-340-_-Product $50

Fittings, coolant, and tubing will be $50-60, so $320ish total, add a pump/res combo(should be able to get something for $70 or so).

Regardless, the A240G is $250 I think, maybe even $240 and it's a full CPU/GPU loop, no way he'd need to spend $500 for a CPU+GPU loop.

29 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

But usually nobody wants a custom loop only for RAM. and if I were personally making a custom loop, I'd go with CPU+GPU, and I think most people would too.

Do a CPU or GPU loop first, add the other to the loop later.

29 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

and OP said that his budget for a new PC was 1,200. that includes all components.

He already has a GPU. 900-1000 euros is enough for a nice little system minus GPU, then he has enough leftover for an A240G if he wants.

5 hours ago, Sanctorum said:

I want to have a nice gaming pc. My recent one is trash, the only good thing is the GPU

On 16.8.2017 at 10:11 PM, Sanctorum said:

A240G

The A240G is for NVIDIA only. I want to have something for my GPU. The A240G is not compatible.

23 minutes ago, ImHyperstyle said:

if 1200 is your budget why not just get a new gpu too?

Because the GPU that i have right now isnt't bad. And as I sad, I dont want to spend all of the money if I dont need to. Maybe in a couple of years I can upgrade my GPU if it's nessesary