Cooler Master Hyper 212 X vs Cooler Master Hyper 212 Turbo

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
14 hours ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

How much better is the h7 than the 212 turbo?

Its more about price difference and preference between cheap coolers. Pick the one which is cheapest.

I was wondering if there was any performance difference between the two, i kinda wanan get the turbo one because it will match my color scheme. But if the 212 x is better i will get that one ( i have a 6600k )

7 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

I was wondering if there was any performance difference between the two, i kinda wanan get the turbo one because it will match my color scheme. But if the 212 x is better i will get that one ( i have a 6600k )

The turbo has dual fans and thus will perform better. I honestly can't say how much the second fan makes a difference, but I'm sure it makes one. 

Do you even fanboy bro?

Just now, Liltrekkie said:

The turbo has dual fans and thus will perform better. I honestly can't say how much the second fan makes a difference, but I'm sure it makes one. 

I hard something about a slightly different design in the heat sink, is this true ?

2 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

I hard something about a slightly different design in the heat sink, is this true ?

Indeed, the x version has no spacing between the heatpipes on the heatsink, where as the turbo one has a small gap. However, reviews put the turbo one slightly cooler than the x variant. It's not much, like I said. 

Do you even fanboy bro?

2 minutes ago, Liltrekkie said:

Indeed, the x version has no spacing between the heatpipes on the heatsink, where as the turbo one has a small gap. However, reviews put the turbo one slightly cooler than the x variant. It's not much, like I said. 

Would you say the spaces between the heat pipes are better than having them crammed together ?

Just now, Intel HD Graphics said:

Would you say the spaces between the heat pipes are better than having them crammed together ?

In theory, having them crammed together is better, that's because more heat pipes are directly going across the die on the CPU. HOWEVER, In this specific case, the dual fan design of the 212 turbo provide better cooling. If the x variant came with dual fans, it would provide better cooling, but it does not. Stock for stock, the turbo version is only slightly better than the x variant. 

Since you want cooling performance and looks, your best bet is to go with the turbo. 

Do you even fanboy bro?

cryorig H7 shits on both of them and cost about the same...looks way better as well.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

What are prices of those two? Local retailer shows Turbo being €30 more than X. Which is insane for small cooler. Its more expensive than U14S which would destroy it in performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

cryorig H7 shits on both of them and cost about the same...looks way better as well.

1 hour ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

5c

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/dominic-moass/cryorig-h7-air-cooler-review/5/

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

14 hours ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

Its more about price difference and preference between cheap coolers. Pick the one which is cheapest.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv