How do I cap my FPS in PUBG?

Toby Tanfield

I've seen some tutorials, but they go into a game file called "saved". But i dont have it... any ideas of how to get to it?

Ive also tried this funny video > 

Which uses this command %localappdata%\tslgame in "Run", but this doesnt work, it says "How do want to open this file?". But doesnt open a file in the game settings.

Please help!

tsl game file screen shot.png

FPS cap tutorials screen shot.png

But why?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Just now, LUUD18 said:

But why?

I'd rather have a stable fps at 40, then it flipping around 40-65ish

1 minute ago, Toby Tanfield said:

I'd rather have a stable fps at 40, then it flipping around 40-65ish

can you not lock your frame rate in your GFX drivers?

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

Just now, MrMarriarty said:

can you not lock your frame rate in your GFX drivers?

I dont know what that is....

what graphics card do you have?

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

Just now, MrMarriarty said:

what graphics card do you have?

oh miss read it, i have a gtx 970, i have got geforce experience 

fps_1hssiu.png

Fix your frame rate in here

sadly im an AMD man so bare with me.... right click desktop -> Nvida Settings that should bring up that window. you can change it globaly for all games in the pic above and if you just want to pin PUBG to 40fps then use the tab to the right shown below

fps_2ppsf2.png

2 minutes ago, MrMarriarty said:

sadly im an AMD man so bare with me.... right click desktop -> Nvida Settings that should bring up that window. you can change it globaly for all games in the pic above and if you just want to pin PUBG to 40fps then use the tab to the right shown below

fps_2ppsf2.png

ah yea, just got that, but i dont have an option to open "GPU Boost"....

if you can send a pic of what yours looks like i can have a punt but you might need to seek out and NVIDA man to tell you where the FPS limiter is for you card but there will be one in the softwear

1 minute ago, MrMarriarty said:

if you can send a pic of what yours looks like i can have a punt but you might need to seek out and NVIDA man to tell you where the FPS limiter is for you card but there will be one in the softwear

I think you can do it from GeForce experience as well. I can check when I get home, I also have a Maxwell card (980 Ti). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

move over to the dark side young padawanfpslimit.jpg.3ddb7d2547a890ce1c7bbc10e8b9024f.jpg

ooooh ghetto fix change your monitor to 30Hz and v sync B|

3 minutes ago, MrMarriarty said:

ooooh ghetto fix change your monitor to 30Hz and v sync B|

That would work. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, MrMarriarty said:

move over to the dark side young padawanfpslimit.jpg.3ddb7d2547a890ce1c7bbc10e8b9024f.jpg

Oooooooo.... pretty. Do you have cookies?

Main PC 

30 toooooo low.....

Vega is looking very appealing, but not with those bundles....

as you can see no "GPU Boost"

NVIDIA control panel screen shot.png

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Oooooooo.... pretty. Do you have cookies?

Cookies.... the temperature my GPU gets to i could cook pizzas!

2 minutes ago, Toby Tanfield said:

30 toooooo low.....

NVIDIA control panel screen shot.png

Yep no clue Zando Bob is your man! (i did say GHETTO)

Okay thanks for your help anyways, i guess il go and beg the devs to impliment a slider :)

14 minutes ago, MrMarriarty said:

Cookies.... the temperature my GPU gets to i could cook pizzas!

Yep no clue Zando Bob is your man! (i did say GHETTO)

Mmmmmm.... pizzas.... I could probs cook some pizza on my 980 Ti. It's the MSI Gaming 6G, with a nice dragon backplate. If I turn the fans on low and start up Unigine Valley, I can get to a nice tastiness most likely (with the fans on auto, it gets to about 80-81C). 

12 minutes ago, Toby Tanfield said:

Okay thanks for your help anyways, i guess il go and beg the devs to impliment a slider :)

Can you set your refresh rate to 40hz and V-Sync? or can you only do it in halves (60,30,15, etc)?

Main PC 

Ah, just remembered. You can lock the frame rate in EVGA XoC, and probs Afterburner (haven't tried there). 

Main PC 

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Mmmmmm.... pizzas.... I could probs cook some pizza on my 980 Ti. It's the MSI Gaming 6G, with a nice dragon backplate. If I turn the fans on low and start up Unigine Valley, I can get to a nice tastiness most likely (with the fans on auto, it gets to about 80-81C). 

Can you set your refresh rate to 40hz and V-Sync? or can you only do it in halves (60,30,15, etc)?

you can tell you pc to set it to what you want but its weather the screen supports it, ive never seen a 40Htz display before lol 30 / 60 / 120 / 240 all fairly common

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Ah, just remembered. You can lock the frame rate in EVGA XoC, and probs Afterburner (haven't tried there). 

Told you He was your man Toby!