To RMA, or not to RMA...

thedons1983

I own a BenQ EX3200R monitor, and I could do with some advice on whether to return it or not.  It is a great monitor generally, but gradually I have notice more and more that there is, what I assume is, backlight bleed in a 2cm border all the way around the edge of the screen.  What is annoying is that I don't notice it a lot of the time.  On the desktop it's not visible, but I am also a huge fan of 40's film noir, so watch a lot of black and white content.  As soon as I do, the "white border" appears all around the edge of the screen.  It exists no matter the settings, so it's definitely a hardware fault, but I do wonder what my chances of an exchange truly are, as backlight blled and such is so subjective.  This is actually the 2nd example of this monitor I have owned, as the first examplehad much worse backlight bleed, but all over the panel.  It too displayed the "border" problem I have described, but it wasn't as annoying as it is on the current monitor.  I'll have to rely on BenQ support to get this sorted, so if anyone has any experience with them, I'd love to know.

So, from what I have described, would you return the monitor?  And if so, would you want a replacement, or a refund?  Cheers

Oh, I'll attempt some photos later to show you the problem I'm explaining!

17 minutes ago, thedons1983 said:

snip

I'd probably go for a refund. I don;t know alot about display tech, but you might well be better off with an OLED panel. Certainly an IPS one, possibly factory calibrated, as then its likely issues like this will have been resolved.

IDK about BenQ support specifically, but most customer support lines are a waste of time. They already have your money, why would they care. Probably your best bet is to find some preferably simple images the highlight the flaws of the BenQ monitor, but not another monitor, then take both into the place you bought it, and complain.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s