Netflix over wifi vs ethernet

Is netflix over ethernet usually a better experience as opposed to over wifi? Or is it even noticeable

everything is a better experience over ethernet. but for video, as long as you're using wireless AC, you honestly probably wouldnt notice the difference

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

i've used wireless N and ethernet. and for netflix you cannot tell a difference unless your wifi is going through 18 walls and 4inch thick copper pipes.

0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed

1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed

3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality (720p)

5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality (1080p)

25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD quality (4k)

if your regular wireless connection meets this then you will be fine.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

depends on how many other people are using wifi

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

and if your ISP is actually providing you with the speeds you pay for :D

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

if your wifi speeds are over 30mbit, doesn't matter. 

gaming should be on ethernet, local transfers too, but if its chunks of data like downloading or movies, and wifi is fast enough, doesn't matter 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 hours ago, DeadlyPilot said:

Is netflix over ethernet usually a better experience as opposed to over wifi? Or is it even noticeable

Ethernet is generally better because the bandwidth in terms of the internet speed isn't the problem. When it comes to a wifi connection it really depends on your signal strength, speed of your wifi and connectivity range. If your streaming netflix or watching youtube videos, than a wireless connection should be fine if your internet speeds are adequate. When it comes to gaming, than maybey consider ethernet because during multiplayer games, the bandwidth from the modem is a strong signal compared to a wireless connection. 

I am connected to a wireless network and the internet speeds are terrible causing youtube videos to buffer and the internet connection to randomly drop out. 

Compared to a wireless connection, the speeds through ethernet are generally faster than a wireless connection. I tested the wireless connection of my wifi, an it appears to be slower compared to ethernet delivering speeds up to 1gbps which definately helps when it comes to watching youtube videos or streaming movies off of netflix.