Extra standoffs installed

Hey guys, my micro ATX mobo has 6 standoffs and my bitfenix nova came with standoffs pre installed but I forgot to take out the standoff I don't need and only installed the standoff that was needed. It's only 1 standoff that's just extra should I remove everything and get that standoff out of there?

If the extra standoff is underneath the mother board then YES!

If it's off to the side of the board and you can see it then nah, it's fine. Keep it there so you can keep track in case you get a ATX motherboard.

11 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If the extra standoff is underneath the mother board then YES!

If it's off to the side of the board and you can see it then nah, it's fine. Keep it there so you can keep track in case you get a ATX motherboard.

thers a problem, one of my screws that went into one of the standoffs to fit my mother board started to turn idefinitely and would make a snap noise at some point. i'm very worried because there isnt much i can think of to get this screw out, the standoff doesnt turn with the screw just the screw itself.. i'm very worried please help

1 minute ago, stevenly said:

thers a problem, one of my screws that went into one of the standoffs to fit my mother board started to turn idefinitely and would make a snap noise at some point. i'm very worried because there isnt much i can think of to get this screw out. i'm very worried please help

So one of the screws/standoff or case standoff hole is stripped. When I strip something like that I gently turn it counter clockwise and either get my fingernail under it or if it's the standoff hole in the case that is stripped you could GENTLY!!! pull on the motherboard until the standoff works its way out. The snap noise you hear is sometimes the screw backing off the thread but because their is a force pushing it against the hole once it reaches the last spiral the end of it slams back into the lower thread. This can occur if it's stripped turning clockwise & counterclockwise.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

So one of the screws/standoff or case standoff hole is stripped. When I strip something like that I gently turn it counter clockwise and either get my fingernail under it or if it's the standoff hole in the case that is stripped you could GENTLY!!! pull on the motherboard until the standoff works its way out. The snap noise you hear is sometimes the screw backing off the thread but because their is a force pushing it against the hole once it reaches the last spiral the end of it slams back into the lower thread. This can occur if it's stripped turning clockwise & counterclockwise.

are there any tutorial videos that might help me?

12 minutes ago, stevenly said:

are there any tutorial videos that might help me?

I imagine there's probably a tutorial on YouTube for removing stripped screws from computers. I can't verify it right now.