Best TV available out there - price topping at 8000 euro

Hey guys, it maybe sounds weird, but our family has old af Panasonic plasma heater. And no, we don't make drugs or any illegal activity, we need new TV for at least 5 years.

My favourite is the new LG 65W7V, it is kinda like the one that @LinusTech had. I know, its a lot of money but we need something great. Are there any more fabulous TVs like that? It has to support DVB-S2 and was to have CI module for our IRDETO card (skylink). Availability at MediaMarkt appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

LG OLED TVs don't get much better than that, even with respective competition. Sony has their own OLED panel but not sure if it's any good, or obtainable. 

Samsung's QLED TVs are nice as well, and quite close to OLED quality picture. 

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

LG OLED TVs don't get much better than that, even with respective competition. Sony has their own OLED panel but not sure if it's any good, or obtainable. 

But QLED is normal potato LCD while OLED is the nasty blacko screen like Amoled (??) 

3 minutes ago, dave_k said:

But QLED is normal potato LCD while OLED is the nasty blacko screen like Amoled (??) 

OLED is known for the inky blacks, which result in an extremely high (almost infinite) natural contrast ratio - no weird dynamic setting needed. it's not perfect though - OLEDs don't get as bright as QLED LCDs (ABL is needed therefore), pixel switching, possible burn-in... luckily LG have addressed most of the issues with their recent iterations

QLED can get quite bright, which is good for HDR (gaming or film)*. and while blacks aren't inky like OLED, the brightness level is so low that it's almost indistinguishable. however, QLEDs use zone-array backlighting or FALD to evenly distribute light, else the image gets blown out. Samsung's latest QLEDs have enough zones to not be a huge problem, but it can result in halos

*OLED is still good for HDR since it doesn't need zone array backlighting 

8 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

OLED is known for the inky blacks, which result in an extremely high (almost infinite) natural contrast ratio - no weird dynamic setting needed. it's not perfect though - OLEDs don't get as bright as QLED LCDs (ABL is needed therefore), pixel switching, possible burn-in... luckily LG have addressed most of the issues with their recent iterations

QLED can get quite bright, which is good for HDR (gaming or film)*. and while blacks aren't inky like OLED, the brightness level is so low that it's almost indistinguishable. however, QLEDs use zone-array backlighting or FALD to evenly distribute light, else the image gets blown out. Samsung's latest QLEDs have enough zones to not be a huge problem, but it can result in halos

*OLED is still good for HDR since it doesn't need zone array backlighting 

Well, most of our "east european" channels as people from west like to say are hardly in 1080P, so i will use the 4K for YouTube videos, how is the Samsung UI? I think that OLED could be better, gaming will not be done on the TV.

You seem like a good TV guy

On 8/5/2017 at 3:28 AM, Technicolors said:

Sony and Panasonic OLED TVs use LG OLED panels. The image processing is different, however.

On 8/5/2017 at 3:09 AM, dave_k said:

Hey guys, it maybe sounds weird, but our family has old af Panasonic plasma heater. And no, we don't make drugs or any illegal activity, we need new TV for at least 5 years.

My favourite is the new LG 65W7V, it is kinda like the one that @LinusTech had. I know, its a lot of money but we need something great. Are there any more fabulous TVs like that? It has to support DVB-S2 and was to have CI module for our IRDETO card (skylink). Availability at MediaMarkt appreciated.

Thanks guys!

That's among the best out there. Competition would be the Panasonic 65EZ1002. Sony's OLED is close but doesn't measure as well.

1 hour ago, Stagea said:

Sony and Panasonic OLED TVs use LG OLED panels. The image processing is different, however.

That's among the best out there. Competition would be the Panasonic 65EZ1002. Sony's OLED is close but doesn't measure as well.

That one isnt available here. Is it way better than LG or slightly?

2 hours ago, Stagea said:

@Stagea I found 65" Panasonic TX-65EZ1000E that sells here and is way cheaper than LG (nearly $2000), i like the LG UI (my grandparents have OLED cheapo by LG) and the mejik controller looks sik, you have any experience with the Panasonic?

11 hours ago, dave_k said:

@Stagea I found 65" Panasonic TX-65EZ1000E that sells here and is way cheaper than LG (nearly $2000), i like the LG UI (my grandparents have OLED cheapo by LG) and the mejik controller looks sik, you have any experience with the Panasonic?

Panasonic's Smart software is a bit behind the competition. They still run Firefox OS.

For image quality, this TV excels in color calibration and image processing. The LG flagship still has the best panel however. I think LG only sells mid-tier OLED panels to Panasonic and Sony (reserving the highest bins for their flagship model).

29 minutes ago, Stagea said:

Panasonic's Smart software is a bit behind the competition. They still run Firefox OS.

For image quality, this TV excels in color calibration and image processing. The LG flagship still has the best panel however. I think LG only sells mid-tier OLED panels to Panasonic and Sony (reserving the highest bins for their flagship model).

Firefox OS is no brainer for me. Taking LG

The Sony KD-65A1 is pretty freaking amazing as well. It should be somewhere around 5000€.

4 minutes ago, hahavaffan said:

The Sony KD-65A1 is pretty freaking amazing as well. It should be somewhere around 5000€.

I go for screen quality, not price. You can see it above, it has worse screen than the LG

41 minutes ago, dave_k said:

I go for screen quality, not price. You can see it above, it has worse screen than the LG

Sure, go for it then. But the differences are probably pretty small, and for almost half the money you could buy a new TV in half the time and get even better image quality (and bigger screen) than the LG.

6 minutes ago, hahavaffan said:

Sure, go for it then. But the differences are probably pretty small, and for almost half the money you could buy a new TV in half the time and get even better image quality (and bigger screen) than the LG.

Screen size is limited by surrounding furniture, more than 165 cm would not most likely fit there since our 123 cm heater eats nearly 80% of the space

1 minute ago, hahavaffan said:

Also with Sony and our Satellite TV are extreme problems, we bought Sony TV to for my grandparents and had to return it because it wasnt able to tune on the Astra 3 23.5E

• 2 weeks later...

@hahavaffan @Technicolors @Stagea

So after all choosing and comparing, we settled down for LG Singature 65G7V which is similiar to the one as linus had/has but with 2017 screen technology and the Signature good stuff.

The Panasonic is good as well, but it has no local dimming, which i consider a must for OLED TV. Also the LG which is better is 500€ cheaper so.. .

4 hours ago, dave_k said:

@hahavaffan @Technicolors @Stagea

So after all choosing and comparing, we settled down for LG Singature 65G7V which is similiar to the one as linus had/has but with 2017 screen technology and the Signature good stuff.

The Panasonic is good as well, but it has no local dimming, which i consider a must for OLED TV. Also the LG which is better is 500€ cheaper so.. .

Congratulations! That's an excellent screen.

All OLEDs should have local dimming, by the way (it's an emissive display after all).

7 hours ago, Stagea said:

Congratulations! That's an excellent screen.

All OLEDs should have local dimming, by the way (it's an emissive display after all).

I was in mediamarkt yesterday and saw the QLED toe-to-toe with the Panasonic, i was kind of surprised by the Panasonic screen being lit up while showing black, look here on the spec sheet.

Also, G7V should have the exact same screen as W7V while beind mounted on a stand?

Screenshot_20170819-075848.png

On 8/19/2017 at 2:02 AM, dave_k said:

I was in mediamarkt yesterday and saw the QLED toe-to-toe with the Panasonic, i was kind of surprised by the Panasonic screen being lit up while showing black, look here on the spec sheet.

Also, G7V should have the exact same screen as W7V while beind mounted on a stand?

It just didn't call itself "Local Dimming" because it already adjusts the brightness per pixel. Be assured that dimming each pixel is the *most local* dimming you can get.

The W7 is the flagship screen (plus an included soundbar). It hits higher intensity levels than the G7 and lower lines. The W7 offers peak intensity levels closer to UHD Premium LCD screens (like Samsung's QLED), while offering the perfect blacks that OLED screens are known for.