Amd and asus 3d?

XxRoyalxTigerxX

I've decided to buy 3 27 inch asus 144hz monitors, but I noticed I can't find 3d glasses anywhere for them, how do I achieve 3d with the asus monitors and amd cards?

You need Nvidia 3D shutter glasses. They are expensive (because they are 2 screens as lens, which turn full black and transparent, really really fast, and in sync between each other and with the monitor, so that each eye sees the correct frame on the monitor.

To use Nvidia 3D shutter glasses, you need an Nvidia graphic card.

• 1 month later...

I've decided to buy 3 27 inch asus 144hz monitors, but I noticed I can't find 3d glasses anywhere for them, how do I achieve 3d with the asus monitors and amd cards?

I have the 24" ASUS 144Hz display and  they only support NVIDIA's 3D kit.  I saw in a post somewhere that Samsung and LG make AMD 3DHD compatible displays and glasses.

AMD FX8350 • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Z • GeForce GTX 780 + 660 Ti x3 • Cooler Master HAF X • ASUS VG248QE 144Hz LCD+GSYNC • Corsair AX860i

Logitech G19 / MX518 • G.Skill RipjawZ 1866 4x4GB • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD • WD 1TB Black SATA IIIx2 • Noctua NH-D15

I think it has a built in receiver so shouldn't any active shutter 3d glass work for it. AMD should work on it also it is a 144hz display so any 3d should work. Just has Nvidia advertising on it with lightboost only working for Nvidia. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Well, first off, AMDs 3D solution is kludgy at best, and you will get a much more immersive experience from a GeForce GTX 690, specifically!  If you are going to run 3x 1080p in 3D, you are going to need a beast graphics card!  Go ahead and get:

Glasses Kit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998061&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Video+Card+Accessories-_-N82E16814998061&gclid=CLjG6P6J77YCFdCY4Aod6iQALQ

Graphics Card (1080p):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130781

Graphics Card (720p):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130799

The problem is that it takes so much GPU horsepower to draw 3x 1080p or even 3x 720p images and then you are doubling it by drawing a left and right image for stereoscopic 3D!  If money is an issue, you might be better off saving up for better GPU(s)!  I hope this helps