Unlocking Samsung phone with USB keyboard?

Hey guys, I need your help here.

My brothers gf broke her Samsung phone's display and now it only shows black. The phone itself seems to work though.

She now wants to get her photos off of the phone. For that to work she has to unlock it first though which isn't possible through the touchscreen because you can't see a thing.

Is it possible to plug in a USB keyboard over an USB to microUSB adapter into the phone and just unlock the phone with the keyboard?

Thanks for Your help in advance!

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

Yes, it is. I had to do something similar with a two month old Samsung Galaxy S6 Active once. It fell less than a foot (with a protective case on) and showed only black and purple. The screen was becoming more covered by that constantly. I was able to use a USB mouse to guess where the letters were and unlock it and it worked. I would assume it would be the same for a keyboard. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

@Jamiec1130 Cheers mate, thank you very much for replying!

I even think her's is an S6 active aswell :D

35 minutes ago, Heinz57 said:

@Jamiec1130 Cheers mate, thank you very much for replying!

I even think her's is an S6 active aswell :D

I guess it's a problem with them then. The one I worked on was an S6 Active with purple "oozing" down the screen at a decently fast rate and had lost all touch ability. Good luck!

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

22 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I guess it's a problem with them then. The one I worked on was an S6 Active with purple "oozing" down the screen at a decently fast rate and had lost all touch ability. Good luck!

thanks :) you might be right. she dropped hers in the car so it did not fell THAT deep or hard... and i know that she always had a rubber case aswell