Steel case paint

JelleWho

So I'm working on my own case mod (original an Antec 300 and is going to be a rubiks Cube) but I wanted to paint it white

Now my question is how to I clean my case properly for a paint job. And what kind of paint would be a good solution. And would there be more things I should know about before I paint it? 

IMG-20170724-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20170724-WA0003.jpg

2 hours ago, JelleWho said:

So I'm working on my own case mod (original an Antec 300 and is going to be a rubiks Cube) but I wanted to paint it white

Now my question is how to I clean my case properly for a paint job. And what kind of paint would be a good solution. And would there be more things I should know about before I paint it? 

Since you have bare metal your going to want to use a degreaser or something like acetone or isopropyl to clean off the surfaces. Before that though there scuffing the surfaces with some medium sandpaper or scotchbrite to promote adhesion is recommended, applying a self etching primer would be a good start. 

I have a general guide here if you want more details on painting steps.

On 7/24/2017 at 0:14 PM, JelleWho said:

The best way is get it clean with break clean then hit with a good primer. For the paint either Rust-Oleum or automotive paint and a clear coat.