Using two different sticks of memory -- HELP

So I bought this laptop a while back. Recently I sent it back to the service to get it some extra parts. an SSD and a new 8gig of RAM.

Got it back just recently, was checking things in CPU-Z and suddenly I've noticed this:
5974cb96d7b27_Stick1.PNG.1be9cf72eec39fdd69ac92c973519c56.PNG

the memory that got added:
5974cba360895_Stick2.PNG.a5cab609c067c69f47ee6e729d06e172.PNG

I have not observed any performance issues, altough I do feel bothered by this, and given the previous issues I had with the PC I'll demand a replacement for the BETTER PERFORMING Ram module. 

My question to you is;
1) Will this cause an issue?
2) Which module is the better one that I should ask a second one of? (I'm assuming the GSkill one)

1. No, thank god those days are long gone :D

2. That would depend on the rest of the setup. Can u post the model and more cpu-z tabs?

It is RECOMMENDED that you use ram sticks with the same speed and capacity, but it doesn't necessarily mean that other combinations will not work.

The GSkill stick is a little faster and A-Data stick has slightly lower latency, but I doubt you would see noticeable performance drop from using any of them so you can ask for a replacement for whatever you want.

Essentially: If it fits, it sits. 

Try, fail, learn, repeat...

Something i forgot to add: In most laptops slot 1 will be the bottom of a stacked module. Meaning #1 is original and #2 is the new one. Which makes sense speed wise ;)

Here's the CPU.
CPU.PNG.e0a8a29bc055e733dfe64ea41880189b.PNG

The rest of the system houses a GTX1050, a 5400RPM 1TB Seagate128m HDD, a 256gb Samsung SSD with 500-something R&W values 

Do help me choose.

Edit: Fixed typo

You should check the invoice, looks like the G-skill is the one they put in.

If so you will have to pay for another 8GB of that one.

ps. quote ppl or mention them if you want a reply. Otherwise you'll just get drowned out.

Just now, Dujith said:

You should check the invoice, looks like the G-skill is the one they put in.

If so you will have to pay for another 8GB of that one.

Correct, GSkill was the added one. 
I'll not pay for a new stick, I'll call them to get them send me a matching stick of the better performing one, switch out the other one and send it back to them, at this point they are basically obliged because of my previous issues with this device-- just recently got it back from the service, which was the 3rd time in less than two months ( They couldn't solve my issue, had to send it over and over again ) 

I understand your frustration. Just do not use the word Demand, it tends to get ppl on the defense.

Just query them about it and suggest that ^^

4 minutes ago, AMDGrill said:

Correct, GSkill was the added one. 
I'll not pay for a new stick, I'll call them to get them send me a matching stick of the better performing one, switch out the other one and send it back to them, at this point they are basically obliged because of my previous issues with this device-- just recently got it back from the service, which was the 3rd time in less than two months ( They couldn't solve my issue, had to send it over and over again ) 

Wait, I didn't understand you correctly in the first post. They just added a new stick of ram that works, is technically faster and you want them to replace it for something that just matches your previous stick because you don't like when numbers don't match?

Come on... do you really think they would scan the whole Internet for a matching stick of ram if they knew that what they have will work just fine? And do you think they would replace your old stick if it was "under performing" in this combination?

Wow

6 minutes ago, zwirek2201 said:

Wait, I didn't understand you correctly in the first post. They just added a new stick of ram that works, is technically faster and you want them to replace it for something that just matches your previous stick because you don't like when numbers don't match?

Come on... do you really think they would scan the whole Internet for a matching stick of ram if they knew that what they have will work just fine? And do you think they would replace your old stick if it was "under performing" in this combination?

Wow

Considering the major inconviences I've had with this particular brand and all the frustration sending this to the warranty 3 times in the past, and paying for parts that they claim to fix the 'problems' I was having with the device, I was expecting them to match the A-Data stick for another A-Data one. You could say I am priveliged at this point because of all the things they have put me through. You'ld understand if you knew the full story. I don't want them to necesasrily match the A-Data one, whichever that performs better, I'll ask for a matching one. 

And no, they don't have to search the internet for a matching stick. Is that how distributors work over there? I'm pretty sure they have dozens of sticks lying around as both the A-Data and GSkill option is still listed in the devices on their website. 

Just now, AMDGrill said:

Considering the major inconviences I've had with this particular brand and all the frustration sending this to the warranty 3 times in the past, and paying for parts that they claim to fix the 'problems' I was having with the device, I was expecting them to match the A-Data stick for another A-Data one. You could say I am priveliged at this point because of all the things they have put me through. You'ld understand if you knew the full story. I don't want them to necesasrily match the A-Data one, whichever that performs better, I'll ask for a matching one. 

Sure, I agree that you are a customer, but at the same time if you get a faster stick of memory that just happens to be of a different brand then what's the point in wanting to downgrade for something made by the same manufacturer?

I don't want them to necesasrily match the A-Data one, whichever that performs better, I'll ask for a matching one

Well, the GSkill one will probably perform "better", but again, do you imagine they will take your old A-Data stick of ram and will just give you a brand new, faster GSkill one? If you wanted to get matching sticks, because it's important to you then I guess you can ask for another A-Data one, but asking for another GSkill stick would just be funny.