Best 2.1 speakerset for around €100?

JorenBus

As the title says, I'm looking for something to replace my Logitech Z3's with, preferably a 2.1 set since I like to have quite a bit of bass.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

DIY it's cheaper 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

15 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

DIY it's cheaper 

If you're going to say DIY without giving some sort of advice on how to DIY then that response isn't really too helpful...

If you only want to spend ~100 pounds then you're going to be pretty limited in terms of actual sound quality. However for the longest time I was using a cheap Logitech 2.1 system that simply "worked".

I have since upgraded to the Vanatoo Transparent One's, as recommended to me from this forum.

9 minutes ago, NinJake said:

If you're going to say DIY without giving some sort of advice on how to DIY then that response isn't really too helpful...

If you only want to spend ~100 pounds then you're going to be pretty limited in terms of actual sound quality. However for the longest time I was using a cheap Logitech 2.1 system that simply "worked".

I have since upgraded to the Vanatoo Transparent One's, as recommended to me from this forum.

Ok then try to find a used working pair 

6 hours ago, rhyseyness said:

Have you ever built speakers?

You made it sound way too easy :P

Nope but it sounds easy from Linus he made his ohm

1 hour ago, Billy_Mays said:

Nope but it sounds easy from Linus he made his ohm

those were very poorly made, you need to put a lot of work into DIY speakers to make them "pretty".

TBH OP either save up a bit more or go look used and then remember to try them at the seller's house.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

those were very poorly made, you need to put a lot of work into DIY speakers to make them "pretty".

TBH OP either save up a bit more or go look used and then remember to try them at the seller's house.

Yeah it's better to go used instead of buying brand new at a certain price point 

4 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Yeah I don't think I will be buying new speakers, I don't really think I will hear a lot of improvement.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit