GPU for mom

kaiju_wars

So my mom is a gamer, as a result, I gave her my old system.  Granted she plays more casual games, the most hardcore game she plays is The Walking Dead (Telltale games)

Now, she isn't getting my 780, as I'm still using that in my main system.  I have a few spare GPUs though.  Which would be the best to give her?

My spare GPUs:

GTX 680

GTX 460 SE

GTX 295

GTX 280

2 HD 6770's

GT 610.

Any of these should work, and I'm thinking of giving her the 680 in case she wants to branch out to other games.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Yeah why not giving her the 680. So she can play a long time her games without changing the GPU

I'd give her the 680. It's a good card, a bit power hungry but it will play games for a while. I believe you can undervolt 600-series Kepler cards

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

5 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

So my mom is a gamer, as a result, I gave her my old system.  Granted she plays more casual games, the most hardcore game she plays is The Walking Dead (Telltale games)

Now, she isn't getting my 780, as I'm still using that in my main system.  I have a few spare GPUs though.  Which would be the best to give her?

My spare GPUs:

GTX 680

GTX 460 SE

GTX 295

GTX 280

2 HD 6770's

GT 610.

Any of these should work, and I'm thinking of giving her the 680 in case she wants to branch out to other games.

Any of them would work. The most reasonable ones would either be the 460 or the 6770 however the safest option I would say is the 680 so give her that instead.

1 hour ago, Sadleast said:

Yeah why not giving her the 680. So she can play a long time her games without changing the GPU

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

I'd give her the 680. It's a good card, a bit power hungry but it will play games for a while. I believe you can undervolt 600-series Kepler cards

1 hour ago, david cassar said:

Any of them would work. The most reasonable ones would either be the 460 or the 6770 however the safest option I would say is the 680 so give her that instead.

Alright, thanks guys.  I was figuring the same, but I was wondering if one of the other GPUs would be enough.

I'd rather her have the extra horsepower just in case though.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.