Cpu Bottleneck With i5 4690k and 1070

I am getting 100 percent cpu usage, with about 60 percent gpu usage with an, i5 4690k and a 1070. Can someone please explain because with some research this should definitely not be a bottleneck.I am wondering if it could be my motherboard or 650w powersupply.

Thanks.

Ill supply photos if needed

Yes, it definitely is a bottleneck in CPU intensive games like GTA V, BF1, heck even Witcher 3.

PSU is fine.

What games cause you issues?

The CPU is the problem. I'm running a 4670k (basically the same CPU) and a 1070. In some CPU bound games (like BF1) it's definitely the bottleneck. i5's can't keep up with high end GPUs anymore.

7 minutes ago, WhyDidSheLeave said:

i5

4 threads are not enough for modern triple A titles. This is why R5s make them redundant (when buying new) in 2017. You can shift some work back on to the gpu by turning up the graphics settings. This likely won't increase frame rate because CPU is maxing out already but hey at least the game will look better at the current frame rate :P 

EDIT: Oh and welcome to the forum :) 

Thanks, I am playing games like GTA V, Fallout 4 and PUBG. I guess Ill have to upgrade.

Thanks my dudes

3 minutes ago, WhyDidSheLeave said:

Thanks, I am playing games like GTA V, Fallout 4 and PUBG. I guess Ill have to upgrade.

Thanks my dudes

Just don't get an i5 IMO. Go for Ryzen or an i7 depending on budget and needs.

9 minutes ago, WhyDidSheLeave said:

Thanks my dudes

No probs. Ryzen 1600 is a budget gem right now, 6 cores/12 threads and unlocked for less than $200. With a decent cooler included. can't beat that value right now :) My Ryzen cpu can fully utilise a 1080Ti (note I am playing at 3440x1440 so it has more to do anyway).

EDIT: Worth pointing out if you do nothing but gaming (no streaming, multitasking or workstation use) then you can't beat an i7 7700k for gaming on current games if you have the budget.