Should I buy pc or ps4?

Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,
5 minutes ago, Gsgamer said:

But ps4 is more affordable and I am not considering of any upgradation in future.. I would really appreciate if you could tell me which will give better performance .. thanks?

Well, part of the reason I would get a PC is so I can do more than just watch stuff and play games. Also, I personally hate controllers. As for performance, both would work fine, as the PS4 would only have games that run well, and you would only buy what would run well on your PC (I hope that make sense ;)). I would honestly get whichever you feel more comfortable buying.

Another option would be to do what I did, which is build/buy a used PC instead of the PS4 and the PC list you made. You can get some great performance for very little money if you know where to look and what parts to buy.

Hey guys I am planning to get a new gaming setup! 

I just wanna know if I should go for a pc or ps4 slim?

The pc I am planning to build has following specs:-

Cpu:- Intel i3 4160

Gpu:- Gigabyte 1050 oc 2gb

PSU:- corsair 450

Ram:- 8gb ddr3

Mobo:-Asus h81m 

HDD:- Wd 1tb

Ps4 is costing me 28k(rupees)or 250$ 

And pc is around 35k or 300$

Hi, what kind of games would you like to play? eg can you get the game on the console only or console and PC? will you have some friends to play with on the PS4 or the PC? Just some things to think of :)

Dell Certified Engineer | Lenovo Qualified Service Technician | Toshiba Qualified Service Technician

CCENT Qualified Networking Technician

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

what country are you located in? 

India

4 minutes ago, Russy said:

Hi, what kind of games would you like to play? eg can you get the game on the console only or console and PC? will you have some friends to play with on the PS4 or the PC? Just some things to think of :)

Thanks for replying, I mostly like to play gta 5 and stuff but sometimes i also play fps..

I would get the PC since you can afford it and upgrade it in the future. Keep in mind that you will need an OS, though.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I would get the PC since you can afford it and upgrade it in the future. Keep in mind that you will need an OS, though.

But ps4 is more affordable and I am not considering of any upgradation in future.. I would really appreciate if you could tell me which will give better performance .. thanks?

Just now, Gsgamer said:

1050 and i3 6100 (should only be a little more, https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/Y8LMNN) should run GTA V at higher settings than the PS4, with a higher framerate to boot. The PS4 runs at 30fps capped but drops to even the low 20s during stress. 

idk

5 minutes ago, Gsgamer said:

Well, part of the reason I would get a PC is so I can do more than just watch stuff and play games. Also, I personally hate controllers. As for performance, both would work fine, as the PS4 would only have games that run well, and you would only buy what would run well on your PC (I hope that make sense ;)). I would honestly get whichever you feel more comfortable buying.

Another option would be to do what I did, which is build/buy a used PC instead of the PS4 and the PC list you made. You can get some great performance for very little money if you know where to look and what parts to buy.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

1050 and i3 6100 (should only be a little more, https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/Y8LMNN) should run GTA V at higher settings than the PS4, with a higher framerate to boot. The PS4 runs at 30fps capped but drops to even the low 20s during stress. 

Thanks bro!