Nzxt kraken x62 backplate issues

Hello everyone,

i hope you guys could help me. 

Yesterday I started fitting my x62 onto my asus Maximus formula vii and noticed a substantial gap between de backplate standoffs and the motherboard. 

I had the same problem with my h100i hydro from corsair, in the extend that I bent a standoff while tightening, ruining my cooling. 

Thats the reason why I went with a new kit to start of fresh, but to my surprise the problem is back (even if in a new package :p)

i searched the net for this problem and there are 2 camps: 1. Fill the gap behind the mobo with washers. 2. Let the backplate be loose, it will tighten upon installation. 

What at do you guys think? I added some zoomed in pics of the standoffs. 

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1815.JPG

I ad a similar problem with a H100 i v2 on an z270 board. Initially I had #1 using rubber washers, but subsequently found that the block fastens down fine with option #2. So having tried both, I would recommend #2, and just see if the block is tight enough,. If the cpu block doesnt move, its fine.

29 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I ad a similar problem with a H100 i v2 on an z270 board. Initially I had #1 using rubber washers, but subsequently found that the block fastens down fine with option #2. So having tried both, I would recommend #2, and just see if the block is tight enough,. If the cpu block doesnt move, its fine.

Its designed like that on purpose to prevent the end user from damaging the motherboard. Like @For Science! said, If the cpu block doesn't move its fine and yes a little wiggle is perfect normal.

Thanks for the reply @For Science and @niccaa23

Ill try method 2 then and see what it does while tightening. But I understand that adding washers may result in extra stress on the mobo and or CPU? And if method 2 results in a loose pump, then add washers? Or tough luck, the bracket isn't compatible with my mobo?

Why I asked beforehand is that I had similar problems with my h100i and that resulted in he pictures below..... it ran like this for 2.5 years with me doubting its performance since the beginning but fearing the operation of replacing it.....

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

I had the same installation issue with my EVGA CLC cooler.  If you tighten cooler onto the chip in a cross pattern it should pull everything together evenly and that gap will disappear.