G-sync

MikeDev

I'm buying a Benqxl2420te, would i be able to modify my monitor in the future to accommodate G-sync?

No, there is hardware built into G-Sync monitors that you will not be able to add; at least that's how it is as of now and without ghetto modding. So far, only the Asus VG248QE has been shown to have a DIY mod-kit for G-Sync.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I've read somewhere that there are going to be g-sync kits to do this. But, im not sure about this...

There is one for a Asus that's being done but that's the only one so far

Aselwyn1

No not yet but both Asus and benq should have new monitors out with it in the spring some time.( I want g sync monitors now) that's not the 1 $300 Asus

Aselwyn1

Same, but im buying a monitor soon, hopefully there will be a G-sync mod kit sometime soon

I've got my three ASUS VG248QE monitors, now I'm waiting on Nvidia to release the G-Sync kit to us do-it-yourself techs. Can't wait to see the difference. Got my Nvidia GTX-770 SC 4GB card installed and everything is matched up, just waiting on Nvidia. Was hoping they'd have a signup sheet for those of us who want the kits but no luck. They claim before end of this year for kits.

One more thing real quick. The ASUS VG248QE monitors will be the ONLY monitors with G-Sync module kits which must be installed. In the first 3 or 4 months of 2014, select ASUS gaming monitors will come with G-Sync already installed. Benq, Visio, and two other monitors will release with G-Sync installed about fall of 2014. Other brand monitors will come later. That is my full understanding at this point. So if you want to get on the G-Sync bandwagon before everyone else, you must buy the before-mentioned monitor(s), and install the qualifying Nvidia video card(s) (GTX-680 and above) otherwise you'll have to wait until Q1 of 2014 to buy an ASUS G-Sync Gaming Monitor. Nvidia says the ASUS module kits will be ready to ship before end of this year but you must install it yourself or have someone install it for you.

Nvidia has put hardware on the G-sync module that replaces some of the monitors circuitry, which was one of the ways they got the monitor companies on board. Chances are the module that's sold separately will only work the the ASUS VG248QE and I'd bet that the monitor was designed from day 1 to support the add-on G sync module and Gsync in general.

Im thinking of buying the Benq xl2420te, hopefully they release a kit for it  :/

Any word on the availability of the DIY G-sync kit for the Asus VG248QE monitor?  I thought the time frame was a December launch, but haven't heard any news on this in a while and December is only a few days away.