Best Cloud Storage solution?

Nexxus

So I found out how to setup emulator save states/virtual memory cards to save to the cloud.

But im trying to figure out what people think is the best cloud storage solution to be using.

Little context, I have used onedrive before cause it is just there on my PC, but I do have an Android phone too and this wont JUST be used for game saves.

Thinking of onedrive, Google Drive, or umm.. Dropbox, but open to other ideas too.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

15 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

So I found out how to setup emulator save states/virtual memory cards to save to the cloud.

But im trying to figure out what people think is the best cloud storage solution to be using.

Little context, I have used onedrive before cause it is just there on my PC, but I do have an Android phone too and this wont JUST be used for game saves.

Thinking of onedrive, Google Drive, or umm.. Dropbox, but open to other ideas too.

Budget?

2 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Budget?

Meant to mention that forgot too sorry. $0 

Would consider a cheap 1-time fee for something though. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

It would be also good to know approximately how much data would you like to store on the cloud... I've personally found Dropbox to be the best of the many, but that's my personal opinion. It's great because it's available everywhere, has built-in readers/players for certain file extensions etc. etc. but it does only provide 5GB for free. 1TB is 60$/year. I'm using it for my most important documents/files and, IF i had the money, would upgrade to the pro edition ASAP.

Disclaimer: I haven't really tried any of the other cloud services except onedrive and google drive, but they just don't give me the same *fuzz* that dropbox does :P

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

5 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

It would be also good to know approximately how much data would you like to store on the cloud... I've personally found Dropbox to be the best of the many, but that's my personal opinion. It's great because it's available everywhere, has built-in readers/players for certain file extensions etc. etc. but it does only provide 5GB for free. 1TB is 60$/year. I'm using it for my most important documents/files and, IF i had the money, would upgrade to the pro edition ASAP.

Disclaimer: I haven't really tried any of the other cloud services except onedrive and google drive, but they just don't give me the same *fuzz* that dropbox does :P

I dont use it that much to be honest. without these emulator saves there is currently 5gb used. I have access to 30gb on onedrive.

System Specs

1 minute ago, Nexxus said:

I dont use it that much to be honest. without these emulator saves there is currently 5gb used. I have access to 30gb on onedrive.

Then just continue using it! :)

Whenever i'm using cloud storage for personal data, I do however take the security to a ridiculous level. Absolutely make sure you have F2A, a strong, random password (i'm using the utility SafeInCloud for password management and generation), "logout" all of the unknown sessions and keep just the ones you absolutely know that are yours, don't login on unknown computers etc. etc.. I don't trust Microsoft for some reason, so i haven't really used their cloud services much, but considering the amount of storage they offer, i don't think many people use it either :D

Do check the subforum for discounts and check if there are any ongoing sales for one-time purchases for cloud services, but i wouldn't trust them too much, if I've never heard of them before

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

6 hours ago, Nexxus said:

Google drive will give you 15gb free. Dropbox is 2gb.

Don't expect much without payment.

Create your own! I personally use a Cisco C200 M2 virtualization server with nextcloud. 

Pros 

All your data is safe on your own machine 

Easy to upgrade 

Complete control 

Cons 

Expensive

This solution is pretty easy to setup and there are tons of tutorials online.