Corsair 780T Airflow questions

ChewyFingers

Hey guys, 

I've got a general question about the airflow in the case, not sure exactly what to do. I've never personally used water cooling, and i'm not exactly sure where to put it.

So I've just bought the 780T, and i'm going to be buying a water cooler for my CPU because it's reaching some crazy high temps that i'm really, REALLY, not a fan of. (Idle: 55-60C, Max:70-72C) without overclocking.

I'm currently using the stock fans that come with the 780T, two intake, 1 output. I'm guessing i'll put the water cooling on top, just curious if i should have that as intake, or output. i see a lot of cases where people put the water cooling radiators on the front, and have the intake fans cooling them off. I just don't see why that's a thing, it seems to me that that would just heat the entire computer up. Shouldn't they be put on the top because heat rises?

I'm currently running:

•  AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (at stock 3600Mhz)
  • Asus ROG  Corsair VI Hero
  • 32gb G.SKILL TridentZ Series DDR4 3200
  • 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)
  • I forget the PSU, it's the white/black vampire 1000w gold rated thing lol

Sorry if any of this seems dumb, I've been out of the computer building thing for around 6 years. I'm just wanting some clarity, i'm looking to get this as the water cooler. 

Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler , Black 

Thanks for your help everyone, let me know if you need anything else.

well if you put the radiator in the front the fluid and cpu temps will be lower but everything else will be warmer
depends on a lot of factors but i'd say the gpu will run anywhere between 4-10°C warmer than with the radiator on top

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

Thanks for the reply Hox, i'll probably move the radiator to the front and add a few fans on top