Using sp120 controller with led strip

Go to solution Solved by haft2doit,

I definitely should have posted in modding now that I read this...:D

The sp120 controller is an rgb controller nothing more as far as I understand.  I would like to add a led strip to my corsair 570x without buying a separate controller and keep the simplicity and functionality of the buttons built into the case.  While corsair sells their own strips and controllers specifically for this purpose, would the corsair strips interface with the sp120 controller if modified to fit, or splice the wires with a sp120 connector.  Corsair has the proprietary connectors on the sp120's.  I would rather not spend 2x the cash just to add a strip.  Or 3x the cash for the corsair commander thing, and then have to deal with software control for everything.  Would love to know if this would be possible.  Sry if this should be in modding.

sp120 rgb controller.jpg

Thx for the reply.  I'm sure the cablemod kit would work for the light strip.  My real concern is getting the strip on the same control as the fans, so I won't have any extra complexity added to changing colors.  If I use any strips outside of the controller for the fans the buttons in the image below won't effect the strip.  There are options to control the sp120 controller with another controller that also could support strips but this would shift all functionality to software and leave the buttons non-functional which is also not ideal. (and adds a whole lot of cost for such a trivial matter)

I guess the question is would there be any reason for the wiring to be different between the fan leds and the strip leds?

570x rgb control buttons.jpg

I definitely should have posted in modding now that I read this...:D