Performing properly? AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core and ASUS HD 7970 Direct CU2

Sup Boys,

As many of you aware, millions of people are heading into PUBG scratching their heads about their rigs and the capabilities of their hardware. Up to now, I haven't even remotely felt that my rig was under powered, as what only feels like a short time ago, I was happily running the gorgeous graphics of the Witcher 3. To repeat the title I have the following:

Windows 10 (Updated frequently) running 1080p

AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor
GA-970A-DS3 Motherboard
ASUS HD 7950 DirectCU II  Graphics Card

16GB Ripjaw Ram

While I'm aware the optimisation of PUBG is lacking, to say the least, my graphics card and processor seem to only manage a measly 25 fps with frequent dips to around 15 or less!

I'm happy to pay more money to upgrade the card if it's miles below par, in terms of what people are using now, but I'd love to know if it could be some other factors, i.e. set-up etc. I haven't yet delved into 'overclocking' these, as I really haven't felt the need. If anyone who is able to give me some cursory advice as to whether these frame rates are reasonable considering their age, or whether it could be something else, I'd greatly appreciate it. Even if the answer is simple, only top-dog PCs can run above 30fps with this game, chill, even that confirmation would be appreciated. I just can't imagine 4 million people having significantly better rigs than mine (not that mine is that amazing) happily playing with much higher framerates.

Am I missing anything? Is this worth answering? Are these reasonable questions?

TL;DR

waah,

Spoiler

my pc not good why it is not good

Don't know, haven't played PUBG, not interested in PUBG. 

I would suggest installing MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner.

Set your OSD to show GPU and CPU per-core usages, temps, RAM/pagefile usages, and VRAM usage. 

Play a while and see how your hardware reacts during certain actions. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

As far as I know, PUBG is made on the same engine as Arma 3.

And I have about 30-40FPS on most Arma 3 Multiplayer servers with 100 people on my system. That game uses only about 30% of my GPU power on Ultra 1440p and only about 40% of my CPU. The biggest impact to frametimes was to throw that game on SSD.

That FX 8150 is the problem. My FX 8350 overclocked to 4.8Ghz bottlenecked SLI Gtx 580's. The entire FX platform is horrible imo it's time for an upgrade.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

29 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Don't know, haven't played PUBG, not interested in PUBG. 

I would suggest installing MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner.

Set your OSD to show GPU and CPU per-core usages, temps, RAM/pagefile usages, and VRAM usage. 

Play a while and see how your hardware reacts during certain actions. 

Appreciate the feedback. I think cost wise, this is at least a good way to see if I can squeeze some more performance from the CPU, if not also the GPU.

Cheers mate, will give this a crack

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

That FX 8150 is the problem. My FX 8350 overclocked to 4.8Ghz bottlenecked SLI Gtx 580's. The entire FX platform is horrible imo it's time for an upgrade.

Fair enough, I might try a cheeky overclock to squeeze it out, but I wouldn't mind getting something else just for the fact the bastards so bloody noisy!

4 minutes ago, MekaneckTM said:

Fair enough, I might try a cheeky overclock to squeeze it out, but I wouldn't mind getting something else just for the fact the bastards so bloody noisy!

Honestly my FX 8350 was really not that hot of a chip. Even at 1.48v it never saw 60c on my Kraken X61, meanwhile my stock 4790k hits 70c with the same cooler.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

5 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Honestly my FX 8350 was really not that hot of a chip. Even at 1.48v it never saw 60c on my Kraken X61, meanwhile my stock 4790k hits 70c with the same cooler.

Yea, i don't know why people think AMD FX chips are hot apart from 9000 series ones. I never saw 60+ temps on my air cooler. While my 6700k tops at 70-75 degrees on water cooling, but it OC though. Still at idle and daily use the fx chips temp is about the same. 

Magical Pineapples

36 minutes ago, WereCat said:

As far as I know, PUBG is made on the same engine as Arma 3.

And I have about 30-40FPS on most Arma 3 Multiplayer servers with 100 people on my system. That game uses only about 30% of my GPU power on Ultra 1440p and only about 40% of my CPU. The biggest impact to frametimes was to throw that game on SSD.

I don't have my OS on SSD, probably see a dramatic overall performance increase by doing that, for a relatively cheap upgrade. Cheers for the response mate.

1 minute ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Yea, i don't know why people think AMD FX chips are hot apart from 9000 series ones. I never saw 60+ temps on my air cooler. While my 6700k tops at 70-75 degrees on water cooling, but it OC though. Still at idle and daily use the fx chips temp is about the same. 

I've noticed this, they seem to run pretty consistent speeds which don't seem to let up too much. Same temp for long periods of time.