G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz 16GB RGB w/ Ryzen 1700X

Hello!

So I've been researching to replace my mobo/cpu/ram and I'm not really sure what the consensus is with RAM frequency and RGB with Ryzen AM4 boards. I'm planning to buy an Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard with a Ryzen 1700X and G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory. I've read some articles from the past few months that talk about Ryzens issues with running high RAM frequency and the RAM RGB getting blown out on some motherboards. I love that this RAM works with the ASUS aura software and just looks awesome so I'm hoping it will work but I'd hate to have the RGB die on me or not be able to reach it's 3200Mhz frequency although it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to run it a bit lower while waiting for some stability updates. I can't seem to figure out if these are issues that happened in the early stages before updates before firmware updates or if they are still a problem. Does anyone know if these issues still happen or if this configuration should work?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hey, 

Apparently Aura sync corrupts the spd on the gskillz RAM.  If you want to get the RAM still this guy explains how he fixed his RAM using taiphoon burner.  

I'm also looking at getting the RAM too but, I'm also trying to figure out whether or not I should.  My current RAM with my Ryzen 1800x is not reaching the desired frequency 2933.  Although it's not an issue with the motherboard Bios.  The bios and, RAM compatibility issues were fixed a while back.  My issue is more so a different problem where, I can select a target frequency of 2933 in my Bios but, upon reset it only displays the base clock speed 2133.  However, I found when I set a frequency of 2666Mhz it does display that correct frequency in the bios upon reset.  So I was looking at buying Gskillz trident Z Ram because I loved the way it looks but, I am waiting to see if the issue with Aura Sync and Gskill RAM has been fixed.

@zato @DarkGT i'm running this exact 3200mhz rgb kit rom g.skill on an asrock x370 taichi and it works without any issues at the rated speed. The default rgb works fine, haven't tested any software yet for them due to the spd issues people been having.

No problems. 

Just don't touch any software that can control the lights on your RAM. Not even G.Skill's.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

3 hours ago, Pohernori said:

No problems. 

Just don't touch any software that can control the lights on your RAM. Not even G.Skill's.

Gotcha, I suppose I can live without the Aura sync or G.skill config. The RAM looks damn cool anyway,