Entry Level Gaming PC

OGH2021

Hello,

I have been doing research for an entry gaming PC that can run games like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Rainbow Six: Siege, and other games like that. I am torn with going with a processor like the G4560 now, and upgrading later, or spending a bit more when I first build it. I am planning on waiting for Black Friday so I can save a bit of money and wait for the Bitcoin mining craze to end and not pay the ridiculous price for a GPU now. Do you think I should get the G4560 and a GTX1060 6gb when I purchase the PC, or pay more and get a Ryzen chip and the 1060 to get a little more time on it before I have to upgrade the CPU? My budget is around $500-$550, but if I have to spend a bit more to make it that much better, I will do at most $600.

Thanks!

I would recommend that you spend the extra bit to get the R5 1600 and the 1060/RX 580 if you can. But since you are getting later on black Friday this is pretty much irrelevant since we will probably get new GPUs and Ryzen 3.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Way to plan ahead. Rather than waiting until Black Friday, I'd keep my eyes open over the next few months for killer deals. For example, the price of a 1070 would, I'd assume, come down by 10% or so upon the release of Vega, bringing it within spitting distance of what a 1060 is going for now (thank you, miner morons). And yes, I'm certain that the mining bubble will have burst, again, as third world outfits that steal electricity and use "intercepted" parts catch onto the Etherium/Z-Cash/whatever craze and start beating the western world silly at our own game, again. I do look forward to buying an ex-miner 8GB RX 580 or two on eBay or CL for $150, though.

An R5 1600 would definitely fit your use case, and odds are you'll find some great deals on them going forward. Even the R7 1700 is coming down, and it's possible that the Coffee Lake i5 closes the value gap on the R5 some. RAM is RAM and, I mean, it can't get too much higher, right? At some point, the price fix--errr--shortage has to come to an end.

If you want to build a value PC, the way you're doing it is the best way. Pick off the deals as you see them, don't hesitate to pick up used parts if the price is right, and enjoy your $600 rig in December that can kick the ass of rigs bought for $900-1,000 today.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

43 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Way to plan ahead. Rather than waiting until Black Friday, I'd keep my eyes open over the next few months for killer deals. For example, the price of a 1070 would, I'd assume, come down by 10% or so upon the release of Vega, bringing it within spitting distance of what a 1060 is going for now (thank you, miner morons). And yes, I'm certain that the mining bubble will have burst, again, as third world outfits that steal electricity and use "intercepted" parts catch onto the Etherium/Z-Cash/whatever craze and start beating the western world silly at our own game, again. I do look forward to buying an ex-miner 8GB RX 580 or two on eBay or CL for $150, though.

An R5 1600 would definitely fit your use case, and odds are you'll find some great deals on them going forward. Even the R7 1700 is coming down, and it's possible that the Coffee Lake i5 closes the value gap on the R5 some. RAM is RAM and, I mean, it can't get too much higher, right? At some point, the price fix--errr--shortage has to come to an end.

If you want to build a value PC, the way you're doing it is the best way. Pick off the deals as you see them, don't hesitate to pick up used parts if the price is right, and enjoy your $600 rig in December that can kick the ass of rigs bought for $900-1,000 today.

Thanks!