New Monitor with G Sync

Chikorita

Hi Guys, so today I got a new monitor (Acer Predator XB271Hbmiprz G Sync 27 inch 144Hz 1ms ) 

Now before I begin to say what my problem is, is that I am new to G Sync.

I have no idea If my settings are set up correct for using  G Sync in NVIDIA control panel.

Ok so my problem is that whenever I watch a full screen video it starts to stutter like crazy until I actually exit out of full screen and watch it?

Can anyone tell me how to set up G Sync properly or is there a way, or can someone tell me what are the actual settings I need to select in the global settings on NVIDIA?

(Keep in mind that G Sync is Enabled on NVIDIA Global Settings)

Thanks Everyone. :)

PC Specs: 

CPU : i5 4690K - OC 4.4Ghz

Motherboard : MSI Z97 Gaming 5

RAM : 2 x 8GB DDR3 Sticks

GPU : GTX 1070 FE

1.) If you have Windows 10, disable fast startup in Control Panel. That is often causing games running in windowed mode stuck to 22FPS.

2.) NVIDIA Control Panel, make sure G-Sync is enabled in the G-Sync tab. Sometimes it says it is but you need to restart PC for it to take effect.

3.) Every time you update drivers, G-Sync will be disabled for windowed mode so you will have to enable it again in NVIDIA Control Panel

Edit:

I experienced similar problem with video stutter when I had both Fast-Sync and G-Sync enabled.

Disabling Fast-Sync and restarting PC fixed that.

12 minutes ago, WereCat said:

1.) If you have Windows 10, disable fast startup in Control Panel. That is often causing games running in windowed mode stuck to 22FPS.

2.) NVIDIA Control Panel, make sure G-Sync is enabled in the G-Sync tab. Sometimes it says it is but you need to restart PC for it to take effect.

3.) Every time you update drivers, G-Sync will be disabled for windowed mode so you will have to enable it again in NVIDIA Control Panel

Edit:

I experienced similar problem with video stutter when I had both Fast-Sync and G-Sync enabled.

Disabling Fast-Sync and restarting PC fixed that.

Thank You. I will try these steps!