how can I check gpu vrm temp?

JHY

I'm installing NZXT G12 and want to check vrm temp while testing with 1 92mm case fan.

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

1 minute ago, PCNoobie said:

I'm installing NZXT G12 and want to check vrm temp while testing with 1 92mm case fan.

GPU: GTX 1070 Gaming X

unless you have an evga icx card you will need to use your own thermal probe

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

Just now, astrosheen said:

you will need to use your own thermal probe

is there any cheap ways to do? under $20

Just now, PCNoobie said:

is there any cheap ways to do? under $20

what motherboard have you got?

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

what motherboard have you got?

ASUS Z170-A

ASUS Z170-A

What country are you in. So i give you a useful link

5 minutes ago, PCNoobie said:

GPU: GTX 1070 Gaming X

Check using GPU-Z to see if your card has a sensor to provide a VRM reading,. 

What country are you in. So i give you a useful link

I'm in Canada.

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Check using GPU-Z to see if your card has a sensor to provide a VRM reading,. 

Is it in sensor tab? Because I couldn't find it.

Just now, PCNoobie said:

Is it in sensor tab?because I couldn't find it.

Yes it's under the sensor tab and may be under one of the under one of the temp#. Some might have a direct VRM label while others do not have that sensor at all. 

I'm in Canada.

761049e19d.png

Plug one of these into the header and place on or near the VRM

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA5K4020822

Just now, PCNoobie said:

Thank you for the help!

Its not perfect but will give an idea of temps. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes it's under the sensor tab and may be under one of the under one of the temp#. Some might have a direct VRM label while others do not have that sensor at all. 

Yea I don't think it has sensor on it. rip