Contract Expires in 2months, Which Phone Should I Get?

youngben

Title.

Currently using an iphone 5s.  Nothing wrong with it in all honesty, but I've had it for so long and want to upgrade cause it's taken some damage.

I only use my phone for Instagram, web browsing, youtube, whatsapp, and its my main music device.  I don't stream music either, I download it so something >64gb would be ideal, or at least expand ability.

I'm leaning towards android though cause of the freedom.  Like i can install kodi+emulators with no restrictions.

Galaxy s8 or note 8 if you dont mind a big phone (I love my s8)

iPhone 7?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

17 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ok so far we know you want expandable storage... that leaves out the iPhones

More things to consider that may help us decide on the ideal purchase. What did you like about your current phone that you would want in the new phone? What do you wish could be better? Budget? New features you want to use? Weight, size, thickness and aesthetics? Want to 1hand or ok to 2hand? Would a large screen benefit your use case? Small enough to fit the mode of transportation? OS - How clean do you want your Android to be? Want the latest support and Nougat updates? Phone popularity and prevalence - Intend to root or install custom rom? Do you travel much and need dual sim? Fingerprint sensor? In front or on the back? Front and rear camera quality - do you take lots of photos or selfies? DAC and headphone jack - listen to music much? Want to plug in your expensive earbuds or cans? Battery - how heavily or often do you use the phone? How much opportunity do you have to charge? Need fast charging? Hate cables? Wireless charging? 

I like the size of my current phone, but wouldn't mind a bigger phone, nothing too huge though.  My brother has a iphone 6 plus and I think thats a good size.

I wish I could expand storage and have a bit more freedom.  To get kodi on my phone i have to install it weekly with apple which is bullshit, along with emulators and stuff.

New features? Don't really care for any of the newer stuff..

Weight/Size/Thickness/Aesthetics? Would like a lighter hone about the size of an iphone6 plus.  Looks kind of matter, but lower on the spectrum.

1Hand/2Hand? Prefer both depending on what I'm doing.  I want to be able to hold the phone with one hand if im watching a video

Large Screen?  Yes I think so, I watch youtube mostly on my phone

OS: Very clean.  If there is bloatware, it must be removable at least..

Nougut+Support? Not sure what that is but sure.

Phone Popularity and prevalence? don't care.

Root/Custom Rom? likely, I've read a bit about these, might do it.

Dual sim? No

Fingerprint? Yes

Camera? equal to or better than my iphone 5s

Music/Headphones? Must have a headphone jack, i listen to music practically 24/7,

Usage? I use my phone 24/7, answering emails, calling, text, music, planning, etc.  I can charge at work but still would like something with a good battery life.