Bad Temper

So, I have managed to "finish" my personal rig and I thought I should show it to you guys in order to get some criticism and maybe thumbs up.

Not trying to brag, just a PC enthusiast like you.

So let's get to it:

Note: sh = second hand

CPU - i5-6600k - sh - £100

CPU Cooler - not sure that brand, kinda sketchy writing, think is alpine - sh - £10

Mobo - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - sh - £50

Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid - sh - £250

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 3000Mhz - sh - £40

Storage: 1 x PNY CS1311 240GB SSD - sh - £48 + 1 x 320Gb Seagate HDD (just enough for me)

PSU - Leadex Flower Power 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular (white LED connectors)

Case - Game Max Onyx - new - £78

Case fans - 8 x Corsair AF120 Red - new - 4 x £19.95

NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller - new - £33

Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma - sh - £10

Mouse - Steelseries Rival 300 - sh - £20

Monitor - ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q - sh - £350

In the cable management picture the old PSU is visible, so ignore those ugly cables (will update picture, but for now to make an idea)

20170516_174620.jpg

20170516_211845.jpg

20170516_215515.jpg

20170522_205654.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

And more pictures as we are limited to 20mb....

20170605_233944.jpg

20170605_234018.jpg

20170605_234125.jpg

20170605_234134.jpg

20170605_234546.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

and final picture + idle temps

20170519_205452.jpg

20170605_235104.jpg

3 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

The fuck? that case is 100% this case that i am using.

Its segotep sg-k7

segotep.jpg

By the looks of it, yeah, they are identical. Interesting. Anyway it's a really nice case for the price.

The only thing I can fault the case is that it cannot take a 240mm AIO on top, there's just not enough space. It hits the motherboard's cooling.

Edited by r3loAded

Man your build looks great AND high end, I'm kind of feeling bad about your desk though.

I assume that you're using a desk that size for a reason, space probably, but don't you think there's a better sollution?

Getting a table that you can put the PC below might help you out with space.

Aside from that, damn, good job.

4 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Yeah i bought it for $65

Cant mount radiator on top because it hits the cpu power pin cable,the ssd mount is a disaster by the way there are not enough space for the cable,and the fans that comes with the case are a bit loud but its RGB although its not software controlled.

That's a good price, $65. The case fans weren't as loud as the AF120 when I first installed them. I replaced the stock case fans as they didn't provide enough airflow for the case, shitty fans. But now AF120 + Grid+ V2 it's a joy, audible and airflow provided.

hmm looks pretty nice tbh, TG isnt really my thing but with the right lighting it can look really nice. cant say i would have spent a single dollar on that case nor the fans, i would have gotten an I7 instead or an R7 1700 tbh but if you care about how your PC looks more then how it preforms i guess its a nice build?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, MVPernula said:

Man your build looks great AND high end, I'm kind of feeling bad about your desk though.

I assume that you're using a desk that size for a reason, space probably, but don't you think there's a better sollution?

Getting a table that you can put the PC below might help you out with space.

Aside from that, damn, good job.

Thank you. You are right about the desk, but that's the space I need to fit in. It's a small room in a shared house in UK. There's something like a pillar to the left that won't allow me to put something bigger there. The only solution would be to take the PC down, after the pillar, and take all the cable for the monitor an peripherals across the pillar, which is not a nice view to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

hmm looks pretty nice tbh, TG isnt really my thing but with the right lighting it can look really nice. cant say i would have spent a single dollar on that case nor the fans, i would have gotten an I7 instead or an R7 1700 tbh but if you care about how your PC looks more then how it preforms i guess its a nice build?

Well considering the prices I paid for the components, I think it's a good deal. i7 wouldn't do any good for me nor R7 1700. The CPU + MOBO + CPU cooler were bought as a bundle. I spent a lot of money for the fans, not for their red colour, but  for their air flow capabilities as the stock ones were shitty. That I found after I finished the build, even thought I had some suspicions about the stock fans. For the games I play, even a 6th gen i3 would suffice me.

The built didn't start with the idea to be a good looking build nor about the tempered glass. But when I saw the case I fell in love. At the moment I'm building in the same case for a friend of mine, he also fell in love with it.

Just now, r3loAded said:

Well considering the prices I paid for the components, I think it's a good deal. i7 wouldn't do any good for me nor R7 1700. The CPU + MOBO + CPU cooler were bought as a bundle. I spent a lot of money for the fans, not for their red colour, but  for their air flow capabilities as the stock ones were shitty. That I found after I finished the build, even thought I had some suspicions about the stock fans. For the games I play, even a 6th gen i3 would suffice me.

The built didn't start with the idea to be a good looking build nor about the tempered glass. But when I saw the case I fell in love. At the moment I'm building in the same case for a friend of mine, he also fell in love with it.

well if you like TG i guess its nice, if that was a bundle its a pretty decent one but you could have re sold the CPU and skiped on all the fans and the case and gotten more preformance :P anyway if its enough for you i wont tell you to get something else but spending ANY amount on looks before you are on atleast an I7 and a high end GPU(which you have atlast) is kind of a waste to me but thats mostly just me, im sure loads of people would think diffrently i am just not one to care for looks if i can get more preformance for that money

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well if you like TG i guess its nice, if that was a bundle its a pretty decent one but you could have re sold the CPU and skiped on all the fans and the case and gotten more preformance :P anyway if its enough for you i wont tell you to get something else but spending ANY amount on looks before you are on atleast an I7 and a high end GPU(which you have atlast) is kind of a waste to me but thats mostly just me, im sure loads of people would think diffrently i am just not one to care for looks if i can get more preformance for that money

I totally understand your POV. I do care about performance, I build and sell gaming PC's on a regular basis and I always try to reduce bottlenecking to it's min. But in the same time I believe that a PC should suit your needs, and yes futureproofing as well (kinda difficult with futureproofing these days). This PC suits my needs and it is pretty future proof for me.

Funny enough, the first component to start my upgrade was the monitor. So I built around it, considering it's specs and the game I'll play. And my need was to play World of Tanks, 1440p, Ultra Setting (I mean everything to the top) and never see 1 FPS under 60. And it does that but not at 60FPS but at 110fps constantly. I call this good for my needs and futureproof :D.

And yeah, you could say that £78 for the case + £80 for the fans it's kinda wasted money, but for me it feeds my soul :)

22 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Thank you. You are right about the desk, but that's the space I need to fit in. It's a small room in a shared house in UK. There's something like a pillar to the left that won't allow me to put something bigger there. The only solution would be to take the PC down, after the pillar, and take all the cable for the monitor an peripherals across the pillar, which is not a nice view to be honest.

You could always try to get a table, put the PC against the wall with the glass towards you making it take up the smallest amount of space.

If you get a deeper table you wont accidentaly kick it and you'll get more space for your keyboard AND you get further away from your monitor.

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

I totally understand your POV. I do care about performance, I build and sell gaming PC's on a regular basis and I always try to reduce bottlenecking to it's min. But in the same time I believe that a PC should suit your needs, and yes futureproofing as well (kinda difficult with futureproofing these days). This PC suits my needs and it is pretty future proof for me.

Funny enough, the first component to start my upgrade was the monitor. So I built around it, considering it's specs and the game I'll play. And my need was to play World of Tanks, 1440p, Ultra Setting (I mean everything to the top) and never see 1 FPS under 60. And it does that but not at 60FPS but at 110fps constantly. I call this good for my needs and futureproof :D.

dude i spent like $1500 on my first computer in total to play esports games at 1080p lol. but anyway im glad you are happy with your build, looks pretty neat if you like TG, which i dont really, but im glad you are happy with it atleast :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

You could always try to get a table, put the PC against the wall with the glass towards you making it take up the smallest amount of space.

If you get a deeper table you wont accidentaly kick it and you'll get more space for your keyboard AND you get further away from your monitor.

I know what you mean but the one I got now doubles as a drawer. I did something with one of my older builds (check the picture) but this one is to heavy and wouldn't want to let it hang on top of a £350 monitor :)).

You can see in the picture the space I'm dealing with and the drawer I mentioned.

FB_IMG_1496746544571.jpg

Just now, r3loAded said:

I know what you mean but the one I got now doubles as a drawer. I did something with one of my older builds (check the picture) but this one is to heavy and wouldn't want to let it hang on top of a £350 monitor :)).

You can see in the picture the space I'm dealing with and the drawer I mentioned.

FB_IMG_1496746544571.jpg

Awh shiiiie :P