AOC G2460PQU not 144hz

So I have set 144hz in the Windows Display Settings and NVCP and even thought the monitor says it is 144hz, it really does not feel like it. UFOtest also says I'm getting 144hz, but I'm clearly not, just moving the cursor is a dead giveaway. Another dead giveaway is that the GPU doesn't increase it's clock speed when I set the monitor to 144hz, on previous 144hz monitors the GPU has always increased it's clock speed when pushing 144hz. 

I have tried a frame skip test as my camera (iPhone 5) can only record at 30fps anyway. This means there's not really a way for me to show "proof".

Does it sound like it's just faulty? AOC have offered to RMA the monitor, should I just go ahead with it?

Return the monitor and if that doesn't fix the issue then just get a refund and get a different model.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

Just now, A Silver said:

Return the monitor and if that doesn't fix the issue then just get a refund and get a different model.

If it doesn't fix the issue could it be an issue with my GPU? Shouldn't the GPU clock speed go up anyway because the monitor is set to 144hz, even if the monitor isn't pushing 144hz? 

3 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

gpu clock speed has nothing to do with monitor refresh rate.

Not sure if you know but pushing 144hz makes your idle GPU clock speed higher, especially on dual or multi monitors (which I have).

1 minute ago, Celios said:

Not sure if you know but pushing 144hz makes your idle GPU clock speed higher, especially on dual or multi monitors (which I have).

even if that was the case it has nothing to do with what you can see or not, if its stating its at 144hz then its at 144hz, are you hitting 144fps?

What method you've tested with?

try simple test.. which everyone can at least relate.

Do gaming.

Play CSGO or something

4 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

even if that was the case it has nothing to do with what you can see or not, if its stating its at 144hz then its at 144hz, are you hitting 144fps?

Yes, I am hitting well over 144fps and I can tell it's not 144hz, it's feels like 60hz. 

I have looked up the issue and people with the same monitor have experienced the same issue, turned out it was either faulty or they sent it back to AOC and they did a firmware update.

4 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

What method you've tested with?

try simple test.. which everyone can at least relate.

Do gaming.

Play CSGO or something

Yes, I've tried it on GTAV, CSGO and For Honor... it's definitely not 144hz.

Unfortunately this is a problem that no one can solve over internet

why not take their offer and RMA it.

tbh with you ive never owned an aoc monitor but i deffo wouldnt recommend them. i cant even find that monitor on sale on google in the uk.

id have gone with the benq xl2411z or zowie as its now known.

2 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

tbh with you ive never owned an aoc monitor but i deffo wouldnt recommend them. i cant even find that monitor on sale on google in the uk.

id have gone with the benq xl2411z or zowie as its now known.

I'ts not actually called "PQU" anymore, they changed the name. It's now called the G2460PG.

If it's a known issue, I would send it back.  refresh rate is hard to prove without some equipment, but if you are familiar with high refresh and you say it doesn't feel right, you are probably right and you should send it in.

One way to check, just to be sure:  switch the monitor between 60hz and 144hz and move the mouse around in windows in a circle.  If there is clearly no difference, send it in.  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

2 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

Whoops, guess I'm wrong. You can't buy the PQU in many places anymore (and its practically non existent on google searches) so I assumed that was what they replaced it with.

2 minutes ago, Celios said:

Whoops, guess I'm wrong. You can't buy the PQU in many places anymore (and its practically non existent on google searches) so I assumed that was what they replaced it with.

I don't know who or what you've been searching with your google to mess up your search results.

But mine is pretty much giving information that I look for.

3e82c5ac67.png

Just now, CostcoSamples said:

If it's a known issue, I would send it back.  refresh rate is hard to prove without some equipment, but if you are familiar with high refresh and you say it doesn't feel right, you are probably right and you should send it in.

One way to check, just to be sure:  switch the monitor between 60hz and 144hz and move the mouse around in windows in a circle.  If there is clearly no difference, send it in.  

That's what I've been doing (moving the mouse in a circle) and there is no change what so ever.

I have also put a 144hz monitor next to it in dual monitor mode, split a window down the middle of the monitor bezels and dragged in down, there is a very noticeable delay on the "faulty" monitor.

Guess I'll send it off.

2 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

I don't know who or what you've been searching with your google to mess up your search results.

But mine is pretty much giving information that I look for.

3e82c5ac67.png

As you can see, one link for it comes up and it's no longer being sold on Amazon, this is in the UK.

aoc.png

aoc2.png